Wrong Waypoint being added to Sim Brief FP Imported By Navchart

Created flight plan in Sim Brief, LIEO/LIET, when imported by Navigraph Charts an erroneous waypoint (ARB) is added. I Have screen shots.

Hi,
where do you import the flightplan? On the worldmap, in an aircraft, in which aircraft?

Can you upload your flight-plan file which do you import?

Yes, screenshot would be helpful too …

Thank you
Richard

I imported from Sim Brief, flying DA40 ng.

Navigraph Screen Shots.docx (1.5 MB)

Hi,
possible I misunderstood something here but what has this todo with the MSFS as you mentioned in the subject and in selecting the category? It looks more a chart issue (possible calculation error in the STAR) or do I miss something?

As I have requested … Please can you upload the Simbrief flightplan file, that you import than in the charts …

For screenshots, you can upload it directly here in the forum, you don’t need any external 3rd party apps for that - read here please

Thank you
Richard

It’s an issue with Charts 8, unrelated to MSFS navdata or simBrief import specifically.

Route used by mprozny was LIEO VAVA7B VAVAX VAVA2B LIET but can be reproduced with e.g. LIEO DCT VAVAX VAVA2B LIET entered manually in Charts.

The procedure VAVA2B ends at ARB (Tortoli NDB) which Charts 8 is somehow drawing off the coast of Ghana and Nigeria, over the coordinates of the waypoint MERID :confused:

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,
thanks for the clarification … it´s hard, when we get some reports which are not specific enough. I will check the position of the ARB NDB. LIET is a tailored dataset, possible that this NDB isn´t included or is de-commissioned and therefore not included any longer in the monthly cycles.

The charts and the navdata are using the same source and therefore it could be possible that this issue is really data-related … I will check it and we will fix it with the next cycle latest …

Cheers,
Richard

I did check the data before posting; ARB (TORTOLI) is correctly positioned in the GNS430 and XP11 native sets at least (as well as whatever db format simBrief uses internally, BTW). It’s the Charts app that appears confused somehow (specifically when using the procedure; ARB in the route itself is drawn correctly) :slight_smile:

Regards,

Tim

… right Tim, just checked it too … ARB NDB is on the correct position, also in the charts:

… but neverless, it could be still a navdata issue. I have checked the tailored database now and I have seen that the airport-icao code is missing of this NDB and therefore it´s not classified as terminal NDB and therefore it will not be used (normally) in the terminal procedures.

Not sure if this is really the reason but it looks so - we must made some additional checks but I´m pretty sure, that we can fix this at least with the next AIRAC cycle :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

This is still occurring.

Any chance it’s related/similar to the following or just a coincidence?

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/lam-uk-vor-not-recognised/10538

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,
thank you … as I have written in my previous post, that should fixed with the next cycle 2213.

Cheers
Richard

I see; the previous post sounded like you were investigating still. I’ll check when the next cycle is out, if I don’t forget.

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,
hi @mprozny,
we have checked this now on our dev system and the issue still exists also with 2213. We are investigate it why this happen because I have changed the data with 2213, so it must be any other issue behind. Not sure, if we can fix this till the new cycle release but we are aware of it that this is still an open issue.

Sorry for the bad news, we do our best and I want to give you an update to this …

Cheers,
Richard

It appears to now be fixed (some time in the past few weeks, I think? I do check it in my app every so often); out of curiosity, what turned out to be the cause?

Regards,

Tim

Tim,

We have rewritten some logic in how certain navaids are to be interpreted for cycle 2301. General, minor, bugfixing essentially.

Happy it is resolved.

Regards,

Stephen

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.