Very basic plotting tools

I’m pretty new to Navigraph, found my way round most of it quite easily but one thing that’s been frustrating me is a complete lack of a way to plot an arbitrary line - I’ve resorted to using the ruler in Google Earth most of the time which is hardly accurate. Do any of the tools or any tools which can use Navigraph data have a simple tool that lets me either draw a line at a given bearing, or draw a line & measure it’s bearing & length? It’s not necessary for GPS nav for sure, but i do a lot of old style VOR/NDB navigation still.

If none of them have such a thing, could we please get one? thanks.

2 Likes

As of now, no we don’t. However, we have a new charts app that will feature many different new tools releasing soon. If not on this release we will add it to the possible future features.

Best,
Jason

1 Like

Hi Jason/others, and interested parties, a quick followup on this:

As an interim solution I’ve been using LittleNavMap with navigraph supplied AIRAC, it has a lot of plotting tools - including “measure distance between this arbitrary point and that one” which gives a distance & heading - but is also possibly a bit too comprehensive, the UI can get very cluttered. Being able to get the bearing of a segment from the Fixes panel in the charts app helps somewhat ( although you can get that from simbrief output too ) but if you’re not on an airway you can’t get a fix for your plot, just the coords of each end.

Is there a beta of the new charts app to try, or did it go on a backburner?

Thanks!

( Also I’m not sure how this ended up showing in Videos, it was originally in Charts/General )