User WP - North Pole issue back again?

OK, I will not dispute that, but the implication is

Users MUST install ALL World Update, (even for areas they do not fly), for the loading of user defined WP Flightplans to load correctly into world map when using Navigraph.

If you are NOT using Navigraph, these user defined Fps will load correctly, no matter what WUs you have installed

But you do NOT need to load all WUs (or any) with Navigraph if they use the pms50 GTN750 (Pull down menu) to load in these flight plans.

I will try re-installing ALL WUs again, but last time I did, it was not a solution.

In the meanwhile, and unsatisfactory solution is a work around of using thepms60 GTN750 to load in any FP that has user waypoints

– which does have the Bonus, that then one can oad in Any flightlan, at any time when you are in the plane flying (as you can in RL), as opposed to being limited to only loading a FP, when on the Ground in World Map.

Will give feedback again when I have all WUs installed again

… on the other hand, the navdata are globally also so it makes sense to update also the global world. Also you can´t use only a set of data even you fly only in a specific area. But anyway, that´s another story …

I would start to install the the latest WU13 update. Close the sim, re-start it and try it again …

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Folks - only got to this now as my sim time is limited. Configuration - I have most World Update content installed - certainly the scenery and POIs - I eschew the Discovery Flights, the Landing Challenges, the Bush Trips, etc.

Drum roll…FPL loads correctly:

Now have all WUs installed. Still not working.

I notice your recent demo Video showed MSFS version 1.32.7,0

I am on beta 1.33.6.0

My co-developer is on the non beta and he does not have these North Pole issues

Have we been going round in circles, and the cause of my issue is a bug in beta 1.33.6.0

No problem Amando, thank you very much for testing … much appreciated!!

Enjoy your weekend,
Richard

1 Like

Are you using the latest beta 1.33.6.0 when you got the fo to load ?

No, I guess not … because in my third post on this topic you have screenshot, where I have you FP tested in 1.33.6.0 … but I will test it again with the latest beta version. It should work with the beta also …

Very, very strange but I guess, we “miss” something here to finish the whole puzzle … :thinking:

Cheers,
Richard

I got off Beta two days after it hit because of bad frame rates. I’m back on SU12 Production.

So, left Beta with great excitement, but no, I have the same issue with Release version 1.32.7.0

The only thing I have not done is a SIM RESET and delete all my Cloud data.
(Not to eager to do that)

One more test result

MSFS 1.33.6.0 (latest beta)
All WU installed.

1. Navigraph OFF
  2. Start sim, Load user waypoint .fpl, (works correctly) and save as a Flt file
  3. Then Restart the sim with Navigraph ON

While the .pln cannot now load without North Pole waypoints
the .flt file loads correctly !

Add to this that with navigraph loaded, the pms50 GTN750 can load the pln file correctly, without North Pole waypoints, it seem to point to a bug in the ASOBO world map loading of .pln files ?

Removing all WUs, except USA(WU2) & USA(WU10), with Navigraph on, the sim can still load the .flt file correctly, once again pointing to the issue being cause by Asobo INCORRECT reading of ,pln file in World Map.

So going forward, my Temporary work around is to

• stay on the beta
  • Install Navigraph,
  • Install only USA World updates,
  • and load any (few) Fight plans that have user waypoints (giving the North Pole bug), via the pull down pms50 GTN750 (that can load them correctly)

and wait for more to report this issue, and Asobo/WT address it, ( with Navigraph Devs ?)

A post was split to a new topic: No custom WP in charts from MSFS FP

I have created a new topic with this to avoid mixing reports.

Cheers
Richard

Hi,
just an short update to this … I´m currently preparing AIRAC 2306 and have also now compared the current sim-version with the AAU2 beta version. There are NO (= zero) changes between these two versions in the airports - so no airport code was changed, added or removed.

The second comparison we made are the runways, here we see following changes (current sim → AAU2 beta):

UHPP 16 → 16L/R
UHPP 34 → 34L/R
VHHH 07L/25R added in AAU2

Not sure, if this relevant now but these are the only changes between the current sim version 1.32.7.0 and the latest AAU2 beta 1.33.6.0 (of course at least on the navigational data).

Cheers,
Richard

I suspect though, that there have been change in the way the Sim reads User waypoints in the Flight Pan data, in particular how the World map reads it, and that reading is affected by the presence of navigraph data being installed.

Thats possible, but why happens that only on your system? We have no other report here, nor any feedback in the MSFS forum?

I also can’t reproduce it on two different system. @Casualclick has tested your uploaded flightplan, nothing … the flightplan loads every time perfect.

What I want say is, that I can’t really believe and also I don’t see any issue on our side, nor how we can fix it. Again, we have only one single report, thats you … All other reports we had, were solved due the WU updates.

That is, what look very strange and where I have no answer.

Cheers
Richard

I am equally Puzzled.

• On Beta . Installed all WUs. (still have issue)
  • I have reverted back to the release version of MSFS. (still have issue)
  • Completely uninstalled MSFS and installed the current release version and all WUs (still have the issue issue)
  • Re-Joined Beta & Updated (Still have issue)

All this time, only thing in Community is the current Navigraph files (as shown in the previous Post) - except MSFS installed through X-Box (not steam)

Accepting I am the only one who is currently reporting this, I am happy to wait till the next Airac cycle, or any updates that you do, and maybe for everyone to be forced onto the nest release SU. - and then see if any others report the same issue.
I do not ask or expect you to act on just one Users issues, but if you want, you are more than welcome to remote into my PC, and see this for yourself, and have a “Look around”. I cannot see what more I can do after the re-installs, and spending a good 15 hours looking into this.

I can live without “User waypoints” especially when I can use the pms50 GTN750 to successfully load in flight plans (at any time) with User waypoints,

I am more looking forward to being able to see the “User Waypoints” on the Navigraph Charts !! as you have demonsrated .

Hi again Geoff,
sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude with the “only one person” issue statement - for us is every customer important and we try where we can. In this case I have really no idea, what´s happen here. Maybe I should really accept your offer to look on your system because I´m also helpless (at least here in the forum) as you.

Therefore please excuse me, when I was to rude in this case - wasn´t my intention, sorry …

Let us wait till end of next week, when the new cycle is out - and/or after the AAU2 is released. When you have still the issue, then let us try to make a remote session - deal? :slight_smile:

Thanks again and sorry,
Richard

PS: I have removed the “automatic close” flow in this topic, to let this topic open till it´s fixed

Richard,

Please – I had never considers anything you said as rude !
You are one of the most understanding and helpful MSFS Dev I have communicated with.

Waiting till the next cycle seems a good idea – I can be very patient :sleeping:

Like many technical bugs that seem impossible, once the reason is found for them, one wonders why it was so difficult !

Maybe after the next Airack update, and a newer SU, all may be OK. :grin:

1 Like

FYI. Still having the North pole issue with User waypoints, despite yet another 100% un-install & re-install of MSFS (beta), and installing all the WUs.

It also seems that I am not the only one having similar issues.

see