Unable to remove previous flight plan from new flight

I am unable to remove previous flight plan when launching a new flight with FS2020. After loading a new flight on Navigraph 8 it will always load the previous flight despite using ANY aircraft type. Tried mant full FS2020 restarts of the Sim, problem the same, unable to remove the previouse flight plan

Top left corner to the right of the search icon is a button labeled “Unload” which will clear the previous flight plan.

Thank you for that, I thought it was only there to close the page displaying the total flight plans on the home page that I had made. I will give it a try soonest, thank you kindly . .

Sad to say, that doesn’t work either. I can still raise a flight plan from Simbrief and export from there so not the end of the world . . .

Hi…,

Welcome.

Do you really mean Charts 8 (Desktop or Cloud) ? If so please click Unload :

If you mean Charts In-Game panel inside MSFS, this is Charts 7, and this is a limitation. We are looking at ways of bringing some Charts 8 functionality into Charts In-Game panel.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

I took it to mean the " unload " flight button in the Navigraph 8 update I have on my desktop. I have tried this a couple of times and even with all the flight gone, the problem still remains. Hope it is not me confusing the issue but please know I am happy to continue importing a flight plan from Simbrief. What a great update you guys have done - quite a work of art !

Andy

Hi Ian

I took it to mean the " unload " flight button in the Navigraph 8 update I have on my desktop.

I have tried this a couple of times and even with all the flight gone, the problem still remains. Hope it is not me confusing the issue but please know I am happy to continue importing a flight plan from Simbrief. What a great update you guys have done - quite a work of art !

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the kind words.

If I click on the Unload button highlighted in your and my screenshots, the flight is no longer shown on the chart. If I exit and restart Charts 8, I show a world map, nothing to do with the old flight.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

I think the penny has now dropped, as is often the case, I fail to read the instructions on the box ! Am I right in saying then that it is not possible to directly export a flight plan and its details directly to the aircraft and will upload through either the aircraft MCDU or Flypad ( As it does when loaded directly from Simbrief ) Hope that makes sense but I understood there was a direct link from the Navigraph desktop charts to the aircraft.

Andy

I thought that this button would send the flight plan straight to the aircraft

Andy,

If you click on Export Flight Plan, you get to specify which format

Depending on which aircraft you may then be able to load into the MCDU/FMC. To which aircraft are you referring?

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you so much for spending your time like this, believe me it’s much appreciated. I send the .pln flight plan file to my desktop. This is the same location that I have always used for my Simbrief docs, which has never let me down. I can see the Navigraph .pln file on the desktop but for a reason I don’t understand - it will not connect to the flybywire A32NX either the MCDU or Flypad, my usual ride.

Andy

H Andy,

The FBW A320 provides direct input of SimBrief plans (as distinct from Charts exported plans) into the MCDU:

1. Make sure you have latest A32NX version.
  2. Create OFP in SimBrief.
  3. In Flypad\Settings(Cogwheel)\ATSU/AOC enter Simbrief Username/Pilot ID
  4. Enter your SimBrief username into MCDU Menu\ATSU\AOC Menu\INIT/PRESS select INIT DATA REQ.
  5. In INIT choose INIT REQUEST .
  6. Contents of your SimBrief OFP should be loaded into MCDU.

See also SimBrief Integration - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

Cheers
Ian

Hello Ian,

Thanks for the attachment but it doesn’t exactly pinpoint my problem. My Sim brief is working fine and I can now export the.PLN file to a destination of my choice, which is usually the desktop. The core issue seems to be every time I restart a flight the airplane is locked in the previous flight from Navigraph or Sim brief. I had to recently remove and reload my Sim brief account and tried both the old and current passwords, the latter being the one that works.

As I’m currently knee deep into a new computer build having found the password for my children’s inheritance, the new computer will be built solely for FS2020 but will be a long drawn out affair due to the long lead time and vast price increase on higher end computers stuff we are all dare I guess suffering. I will concentrate on this build and until it is finished, commissioned, ribbon cut and working I shall not worry too much about the case I have raised with you.

I think maybe to save wasting your time on this please close this ticket until and unless I can re raise it at a later date. Your Navigraph 8 is indeed a magnificent achievement and I wish I had the time to focus solely on the problem which I’m sure is resolvable and is often the case, finger trouble on my part. A big thank you one and all, and now the difficult part, telling the children their inheritance pot is looking a tad shy now ! ! !

Cheers for now Ian and thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

As you wish. You are welcome.

Happy flying.

Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.