Topcat intersections

Hello,

i dont know if you remember, but i want to open that again if not.

Whenever i install a new Aircac Cycle via the FMS Data Manager, my Intersections for EDDP in Topcat are gone.
For the other airports the INtersections are updated.
Why not for EDDP ?
Why are they always deleted?
They are in the FMS Data for sure.

The Topcat File changed by the FMS Data Manager is called
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT\Database.tdb

Would be really nice to hafe the Isecs also for EDDP up to date.

Thanks
Matthias

Hi Matthias,
we don’t update intersecrions, not for EDDP nor any other airports. Only airports and runways but no intersecrions and EOSIDs. These data are all from the release if Topcat. Sorry!

Cheers
Richard

Hello,

thats not really the truth…sorry.
The File, mentioned above, is always updated/changed, when i update the Navdata via the FMS Data Manager and then my manually added Intersections are gone.
As i say, that always happen when i update the Airac via the FMS Data Manager. So the file is definitly changed by the FMS Data Manager.
Ok, maybe you did not update the Isecs, but you change the file !

Here is the Part of the file which is changed always:

BGSF;28;B;8461.3;
CYOW;14;L;9599.7;
CYQX;21;INT;10088.6;
CYUL;24R;B3;8149.6;
CYVR;08L;M6;7060.4;
CYVR;08L;M8;9419.3;
CYVR;26R;M5;7060.4;
CYVR;26R;M7;9419.3;
CYVR;08R;L4A;10597.1;

and i attach the file.
Database.tdb (2.4 MB)

Matthias

That’s exactly what I have written … no intersections, no EOSIDs only airports and runways which implicit that we update the file (but only special parts). Because when we would nothing change why should we offer an AIRAC update then?

So it was the truth …

Cheers
Richard

Hello,

yes i understand that.

But can you pls read first the old file , then change whatever is needed, and then write the not changed parts in the new file ?

Matthias

We do exactly that. The part which is “static” will be append at the end of the new file.

Cheers
Richard

Hello,

no, you do not.
When i look in the db file before the Update, the Intersections are there.
After doing the Update, the Intersections are gone.
So FMS Data Manager is NOT doing that.

I have added 2 files.
The file BEFORE the Update and AFTER the update.
If you use Notepad++ as example to compare the files, you will see the Isecs for EDDP, which i have to add manually directly in the file, are gone after doing the Update !

And i decidet to add also a Video.
Database - AFTER UPDATE.tdb (2.4 MB)
Database - BEFORE UPDATE.tdb (2.4 MB)

I hope you understand now, that the FMS Datamanger does NOT what you say.

Matthias

Matthias,
I believe you don´t understand the system … therefore here a short description, what the FMS Data Manager does:

We offer one file database.tdb this file contains the content - airport, runways which we update and a static part which will not be updated EOSIDs and intersections. This file will be created on every AIRAC via a special parser which we had developed. The created file database.tdb will then be zipped and uploaded to our different backend systems.

The FMS Data Manager downloads the file and install the file into the right folder, means he overwrites the previous cycle file(s). The FMS Data Manager doesn´t install only deltas, he overwrites the file(s) which are on your system.

In your case, it means that all chances what you´re made locally manually on your system, will be overwritten on the next cycle. That´s the functionality of the FMS Data Manager since 16 years …

Again, there is no delta update with removing/appending lines in a file - the FMS Data Manager overwrites every time the whole file(s). So, when you want to update anything with your own values, you must do this after every cycle.

What I have mean with “append” of the static file is what our parser do. The parser creates the airport/runway information, writes this into a file and then it append the static part to this file, that we can offer one whole file.

Hope it´s clear now, what the FMS Data Manager does exactly in the background.

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Matthias, your only option is to manually copy the Airport and Runway entries from the new cycle .tbd to your own Database.tdb using an editor such as notepad++

Hello,

ahh, now i understand…the FMS Datamanager is ony COPYing the file and not "Edit"ing the File.

Ok, then i have to edit it manually after each update.

But maybe i can send you the intersections for Leipzig ( EDDP ) so that you can add it automatically in the parser. That would help me very much and dont have to edit it manually after each update.

Here the Intersections for EDDP, you can also find it in the file before the update from above.

EDDP;08L;A5;5725.1;
EDDP;08L;A4;6069.6;
EDDP;08L;A3;8038.1;
EDDP;26R;A7;8038.1;
EDDP;26R;A6;6069.6;
EDDP;26R;A5;5725.1;
EDDP;08R;S4;6069.6;
EDDP;08R;S3;26371.4;
EDDP;08R;S2;10728.3;
EDDP;08R;H5/S5;5232.9;
EDDP;26L;S9;10728.3;
EDDP;26L;S8;9350.4;
EDDP;26L;S7;8940.3;
EDDP;26L;S6;7381.9;
EDDP;26L;H8;9465.2;
EDDP;26L;H7;9055.1;
EDDP;26L;H5/S5;6217.2;

Thanks a lot
Matthias

Given that airports and runways rarely change I tend to adjust these manually using AIP data.

Hi Matthias,
I will try to add your changes to the data … :wink: Will inform you, when it´s done but you should expect it with the upcoming cycle 2308 …

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Hello,

that would be very nice of you !!
And for sure, with the next Update :slight_smile:

Thanks
Matthias

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.