Suggestion: Use Google Maps for Navigraph Charts for MSFS 2020, X-Plane, P3D, etc

I think that Navigraph should buy Google Navigation to use Google Maps for its charts in MSFS, P3D, X-Plane, and other like-minded flight simulation software out there as with what FlightRadar24 is currently using. While I felt that OpenStreet offers somewhat similar navigational information on moving maps during flight, it is not as detailed and in-depth as what Google Maps currently provide for real-time aircraft flight Navigation.

For instance being, I am a very fond user of Navigraph Charts because to me it is the best than all others and I like zooming in more than the current permissible limit just so that I can locate the various locations precisely where the aircraft is hovering and constantly moving to its destination airport if I am above FL200 (example)

Google Map allows for in-depth satellite zoom (correct me if I am incorrect here) with satellite-based imagery and information such as providing location names with precision and even down to the street names as with what FlightRadar24 have.

OpenStreetMap in Navigraph currently provides day/night mode with no Sattelite-based Imagery with city location, street names included (such as Google Map Data 2021) (although I hope it can be incorporated into the charts into the foreseeable future)

Screenshot from Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

The location and street names are displayed in Satellite-based imagery which is something Flight-Tracking apps such as Volanta, VATSIM Flight-Tracking App - SimAware and STKP fails to provide and I believe Navigraph have a real opportunity here.

Do let me know what you think of this idea, thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. We have some really neat features upcoming with our new charts app I think folks will really enjoy that include our VFR folks as well.

Best,
Jason

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.