STAR Applicability to a Runway

Recently I did a flight from KELP to KDFW. In the route that was generated by Simbrief, the BOOVE6 STAR and arrival runway 36L were selected (all KDFW departures and landings were to the north, strong northerly winds with strong gusts). When I looked at the STAR during the flight, if I were to comply with the altitude constraints during descent, there would be no way to connect with the vertical path in the 36L APPROACH plate. The situation called for a near-side landing (to the north) but BOOVE6 seems to be designed for landings to the south (far-side landing in this case) yet Simbrief/Dispatch recommended the BOOVE6 STAR. The runways listed in the upper left of the BOOVE6 plate are all “to the south” runways.

In a situation like the one above, what’s the appropriate action to take ? Simbrief/Dispatch recommended the STAR so can’t I count on its feasibility ? Or do I just modify the recommended STAR to make it fit the situation…or select my own ? I would appreciate some feedback on this question but please do not include any ATC-related responses. This is strictly a “using charts” question.
Thanks

That is in the navdata - its a chart note that assigns the landing direction; usually not in the A424 data unless there is a specific runway transition, like the arrivals at LTFM. Same thing at LFPG, the charts don’t define in the underlying Navdata that the VEDUS9W is for the 26/27s, and the VEDUS9E is for 8/9s; my FPS at work will be more than happy to assign the VEDUS9W for landing on the 8/9s if I am not paying attention.

Just RTFC - read the ^&%% chart :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.