Simlink is not detecting new X-Plane version after upgrade from 11 to 12

Simlink is looking for xplane 11 and I have upgraded to 12. I removed the old version and reinstalled no joy. Help please?

In Simlink Plugin Settings, for X-Plane 12, can you navigate to your X-Plane 12 root directory?

Cheers
Ian

Thank you for getting back to me. The problem is I only have the EXE file because it’s downloaded from the net.

I dont understand. Can you navigate to the X-Plane.exe in the root of your x-plane 12 folder?
This is the folder you need to point to in Simlink

Ian

Sorry about not getting back to you last night. It’s the time difference. Okay I have now opened up the x plane file folder. I don’t see what to open from this point. I don’t know what the root is.

Ron

Are you still with me??

Ron

In Navigraph Simlink Plugin Settings, press Uninstall Simlink, using the three dots, navigate to where your x-plane.exe is located. This is what is meant by the root folder.

BTW, are you running Windows or macOS?

Ian

Thank you for getting back to me sir. I am now running windows. Which is part of the problem as I was using a Mac OS system and bought a new computer. I am now in navigraph > simlink > plugins. I do not see > settings.
Thx

Ron

In the Show Hidden Icons next to the Windows clock, bottom right of screen , you should see the Simlink icon. Please click on this to get access to Navigraph Simlink Plugin Settings. Once there, follow my instructions above.

Cheers
Ian

I think we’re getting close. I don’t have three dots on this.

Ron

Ian
I have to pack it in. Please send me some instructions at your convenience and I will update tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
ron

Try clicking the Plugin settings at the bottom of your screen.

Ian

Yes, I did that. But it would not allow me to open up the screen or access anything else.

Ron

What doesn’t make sense to me is that if I delete the application and then download a new application, it should not remember 11, It should automatically search for a new version. I have removed 11 from my computer.
Thx

Ron

Watch out! That path indicates that X-Plane has been installed in anything but a recommended manner.
It is located in the OneDrive folder which has special permissions and is supposedly synced to your OneDrive cloud storage, and it is “nested” - the path ends with duplicate X-Plane 11.

May I recommend that you reinstall the simulator in a better location? It can be anywhere, but not in the OneDrive folder. This will rule out one source of headache for you!

EDIT: I see that you now want it to recognize X-Plane 12, not 11. Sorry about that.

What do you mean by this? Pressing Plugin settings should bring you to this screen:

Is that not the case for you?

Kind Regards,
Malte

Thank you for this input. Given that this is an online installation, and I uninstall it, will it still recognize the installation code or will it ask me to pay again for it?

Ron

Okay, I figured this out and now I’m reinstalling X-Plane

Ron

Sounds good! Yeah, reinstalling is not an issue, you can use the same activation code again!

Let me know if you have any further issues, or even better - if the issue has been resolved!

Kind Regards,
Malte

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.