Simlink can't install Xplane plugins

I installed Simlink today, but it won’t install the XPlane 11 and 12 plugins on its own. After I pointed it to the correct path, the plugin settings window has “[PLUGIN NOT UPDATED]” after it (picture below). Any ideas on how to fix that?
Capture

If it helps, I have both XPlanes installed through Steam on an External Drive

Hi…,

Welcome.

Please try the instructions at Simlink non operational MSFS - #2 by Ian

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Still no joy. Same result.

Hi,

Simlink detects X-Plane from the file information which X-Plane creates, it will be the issue of path mismatch into the files and this might be caused by external drive letter changes while plug-in and plug-out.

Because the Simlink configuration file for Plugins is getting the wrong information, I suggest that you please clean up the configuration file below steps,

1. Close running Simlink and Flight Simulators
  2. Delete file .mapping
    i. Press the Win+R key. (It will open a window like,

ii. Now type %appdata% and press the “OK” button.
iii. After opening the APPDATA folder, go to the <APPDATA>/Navigraph/simlink folder. and delete the .mapping file [Don’t worry Simlink will create the file again after installing the Simlink Plugins]

1. Run the Simlink application and install SImlink Plugins.
  2. Done.

Please feel free to inform us about any issues.

Kind Regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

Hi Vishal,

My Simlink folder doesn’t actually have a .mapping file. I made to sure to enable hidden files, but there’s just a “logs” folder there.

Hi Vishal, I have the similar problem too . xplane 11 gets detected and plug is installed but xplane 12 on steam doesnt get detected and get this error message . I uninstalled simlink, followed the above guidelines as given by you by deleting the file in appdata folder and then reinstalled but no use . Please let me know what to do .
simlink issue.docx (106.8 KB)