Simlink in Plane 12 and MacOS

Hi,
I am operating the latest x-plane 12 on my new M3 MacBook Pro. I had the Simlink running on my last M1 MacBook Pro without any trouble.
However, when trying to re-install everything into my new laptop I cannot get Simlink to connect with the Navigraph app I use on my iPad.
I’ve read a number of the forums where people have had the same problem under windows but I cannot see anything for MacOS.
Can you please assist so I can get back to using Simlink to see the flight on my charts etc?
Thanks
Willie G

Hi Willie,

Please see my post at Simlink is not detecting new X-Plane version after upgrade from 11 to 12 - #7 by Ian

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

Thanks for quick response, however, as I am using an iMac, where are the Simlink plug-in settings?

I can’t find these.

Thanks

Willie Goldie

I’m having a similar problem. Cant find the simlink setting on my Mac. I just re-installed XP12 and cannot get simlink to connect. It worked perfectly before. I deleted everything I could find from Navigraph and reinstalled it. No luck so far.

Please click on the Simlink icon image in the MacOS status bar

Cheers
Ian

THANK YOU! I didn’t even notice that little icon on the bar. It blended in. All good now.

Ian,

Thanks very much, working great again.

All the years I’ve used Navigraph I never noticed this.

Must be an age thing with me.

Thanks

Willie Goldie

Hi I am having the same problem I am using Xplane 12 with macbook m2 Pro,
is there something else to do

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.18.30 PM

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.18.35 PM

Hello,

We are happy to announce that we have resolved the XP12 detection issue and will release Simlink with the fix soon. In the meantime, you can follow the steps below to fix the issue:

1. Close any running X-Plane 12 applications.

2. Open the Simlink Plug-ins Settings Window from the Simlink application.

3. Uninstall Simlink plug-ins from X-Plane 12 by clicking on the “Uninstall Simlink” button, as shown in the image below:

4. Use the “…” button to manually set the path to the X-Plane 12 application folder where “X-Plane.app” exists, for example, as shown in the image below:

5. After setting the correct path of X-Plane 12, click on the “Install Simlink” button.

6. Ignore any warnings that say “PLUGIN NOT UPDATED”.

7. Start X-Plane 12 and check the Moving Map functionality.

8. That’s it! You’re done.

Please let us know if you still have any issues.

Best regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

Hello, I did all the steps but it doesn`t work :frowning: I think I should wait new solution.,
thank you so much.

Hi,

We are happy to announce that the Simlink for macOS latest version 1.1.34 has been released now.

Please update your Simlink application with the latest version.

Feel free to inform us in case of any issues you find.

Kind Regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph