Just updated all my Navigraph software and am flying again after about 6 months. Simlink downloaded and updated also. One out of five connects gets me Simlink. Most other sessions when I click the Simlink icon I get the purple line at the bottom telling me Simlink cannot connect to simulator. When I go and try to manually open Simlink, I get an error telling me Simlink is already running. I looked around here, saw a post to remove proxy session from .settings in appdata with a text editor. There is no such section. Any help appreciated.
For moving-map, you must check whether Simlink Plugins are installed in Flight Simulator.
To check please follow this,
- Open the Simlink application and log in with the Navigraph user.
1.1 if you already run the Simlink application, you can find the running Simlink application on the right side of the taskbar. Just double-click on Simlink Icon.
- Install Simlink Plugins by using the Simlink Plugins settings windows. (If you are using MSFS then no need to install the plugins.)
- After Installing the plugins, close the Simlink and start the Flight Simulator.
- Simlink application is automatically started with Flight Simulator (In the case of MSFS 2020 you have to start Simlink manually).
- Start the flight and check the Moving Map function in the charts application.
Please let us know if you still have the issue.
Please check the User which you login into Simlink and Charts application.
Both the user must be the same.