Simlink freeze XP12 for a half second every 5 seconds

Hello,

I was flying in Xplane 12.00b5 Intel 64bits , Vulkan
And i was using Simlink 1.1.27.0906

And during the flight around 20-30 minutes after takeoff xplane start stuttering
Every 5secondes the sim freeze for a half second.

As I wanted to know the cause of this, I launched Plugin Admin.
And I noticed that Navigraph Simlink had a big spike in usage every time the simulator freeze

So I disabled simlink with the admin plugin and xplane stop freezing.
5 minute later i tried to turn the plugin on again and the same symptoms start again, Xplane freezes for half a second every 5 seconds.

So, I decided to keep the plugin disabled for the rest of the flight. and I did not encounter any stuttering until the end of the flight.

I did not find a logfile for simlink , and the logfile of xplane 12 does not say anything except simlink was loaded in the sim.

I’m not sure if this is all caused by the plugin, but I wanted to let you know about this behavior in case it happens to others.

Hi

have you still this issue? Sometimes I had same issue. Just not sure, if it is realy Simlink doing it? Are you using SimHeaven scenarys? Because when I look to the logs, then I see also a lot of errors here. So I not sure if scenery has some errors if that also can have this effects. Just what I find out, that when I don’t use Simlink… there is no freeze at all.

I just not anderstand why navgraph is not using the network stuff direct from x-plane like for example ForeFlight and other professional Flight tools are doing it?

Hi Rob,

The post you added to is 2 years old, and there have many Simlink versions since.

You might like to reset you Simlink using Unable to sign into Simlink - #16 by vishalahir.

If still an issue please upload your Simlink dlog files from c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink\logs\ and our Simlink experts can review if there are fixable issues.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Rob,

After applying the @Ian replied solution, please also reinstall the Simlink Plugins to the X-Plane 12.

Feel free to inform us if you face any issues.

Kind Regards,

Vishal Ahir
Navigraph

I am having this exact issue since downloading the latest X-plane 12 update and scenery update yesterday. Disabling the Simlink plug-in stops the stuttering. Is there a fix for this?

Hi,

It seems like the Simlink Plugins are not updated into XPlane 12. Please reinstall the Simlink Plugins to fix this issue.

Best Regards,

Navigraph