SimLink for Linux

Good Afternoon.

I am aware that Navigraph does not have a client that works under Linux and I’m currently exploring avenues to see if I can get the Windows version to run under WINE as a workaround.

What would be be required to convince Navigraph to do this?

1 Like

Hi Vince,

Welcome

We don’t have a Simlink for Linux product because we can’t justify the development and support costs for the small number of Linux customers. We regularly monitor customer numbers and shall review if Linux customer numbers increase.

Cheers
Ian

Hi. Does that mean that you will consider a discount for Linux user’s subscriptions?
Since we don’t have access to the same features as Windows and Mac OS users…
I personally would like to use the moving map feature on my Android tablet, to couple it with my X-plane on Linux.
But it seems not to be possible.

1 Like

Hi Carlos,

Welcome.

In order to keep administration and subscription costs to a minimum, we don’t have different pricing for different operating systems.

We appreciate that you would like a moving map facility for Linux. We shall review if Linux customer numbers justify the investment.

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

That is understandable from a business perspective. I’m curious how that number would be determined? If it’s just a matter of squeaky wheel, I wonder how squeaky we could get? :stuck_out_tongue:

If it helps, A lot of dev’s are doing .appimages which simplifies deployment among all the different distro’s and such.

Hi Vince,

We look at numbers of existing and potential customers by operating system, and estimate development and support effort for each group.

Thank you for the deployment information which our developers will take on board.

Cheers
Ian

I would like to use the moving map in Android. If that requires to install a program on my computer(a non-existent program), I can’t, of course. I’m sure there are easier ways to communicate with the simulator (like a plugin). The simulator (X-Plane in my case) is ready to send data t external apps via the network.

If it’s not possible, is it possible to downgrade my subscription? I had the FMS subscription and I upgraded to the Ultimate. But there was no OS-requirement in the list of available features, and the lack of moving map option greatly decreases the interest of the subscription.

1 Like

Hi Carlos,

Ultimate includes FMS Data and Charts (but without Moving Map for Linux).

If you wish to revert to FMS Data only, you should be able to at Subscriptions.
If not please send an email to account@navigraph.com and the account team will assist.

Cheers
Ian

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.