Simbrief/navigraph account

Hi.
while teaching how to use Simbrief to a friend of mine I created an account for him through Navigraph as per the instructions on the site.

But that user name does not work on a32nx EFB to link to the account already created. How can we have a Simbrief user name that works with a32nx EFB?

Thank you.
Henrique

Hi Henrique,
for the any functionality outside of SimBrief, you need also a subscription, to view the charts in the EFB. Have your friend also a subscription or only the account?
Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you. He has not yet a Navigraph account for charts. He just wants to load his flight plan made on Simbrief into the a32NX EFB. For that he needs a Simbrief user name, but he opened the account on Navigraph. The Navigraph’s user name does not work to import the flight plan. As you can see on the photo when trying to open an account on Simbrief you are told to open that on Navigraph.

Cheers,
Henrique

Hi Henrique,

In SimBrief, create plan, note username and Pilot ID from plan, save plan and create OFP.

In FBW Flypad Settings(Cogwheel)\ATSU/AOC\Simbrief Username, enter the Simbrief Username.
In MCDU\MCDU MENU\OPTIONS\AOC\SIMBRIEF enter Username. The system should replace this with Simbrief Pilot ID in blue.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian.

Thank you. I will check that when I meet my friend. I did enter the Simbrief user name but only on the EFB. So may be I need to enter it also on the MCDU.
Cheers
Henrique

For me it remain’s a blank box. I can enter it on the flypad and it loads on the Flypad but not FMC, but when I enter it in the options AOC it just stays blank, but the text disapears upon trying to insert it.

Also with Salty 747 I can’t do it, Can enter ID there, but when Loading the FP in FMC after it says Route Uplink ready, nothing happens. Everything is blank. I waited awhile to see if it would load, even pressed Exec, and nothing.

HD 787 Though, thats another story…works like a dream…Odd that works perfectly fine and the other 2 have different quirks.

Hi…,

For Salty 747,

In SimBrief, create plan, note Pilot ID from plan, save plan and create OFP.

In Salty 747 MENU\SALTY\SIMBRIEF enter SimBrief Pilot ID

In RTE press <SEND, then <LOAD

FMS should now load the SimBrief flight plan.

Cheers
Ian

I have done everything you said, but it doesn’t work…Same with the FBW A320…Flypad works, but can’t input anything in the FMC…Same for Salty 747…nothing inserts. After pressing LOAD after generating a OFP…nothing happens…doesn’t even fill in the Origin and Arrival airport boxes.

Edit: HD 787 mod is the only one that works for simbrief, fully.