SBRJ Missing in iFMS database

Hi,

SBRJ is missing in the iFMS database. Although there is a file called SBRJ.xml with all the procedures, the airport is not included in the airports.dat and wpnavapt.txt files. So I believe it’s just a matter of including the airport in those files, right?

I already edited the airports.dat file. But I need some assistance in order to understand the data format used in the wpnavapt.txt file, so any help would be much appreciated!

By analysing one of the entries for a nearby airport (SBGL), I think I understood almost all the figures:

GALEAO-ANTONIO CARLOS JOSBGL10 13123097-22.801850 -43.255172109.3009700028

GALEAO-ANTONIO CARLOS JO: airport name;
SBGL: ICAO indentifier;
10 : RWY;
13123: RWY TODA (ft);
097: BRG MAG;
-22.801850 -43.255172: coordinates;
109.30: ILS frequency;
097: ILS course;
00028: ???

Thanks!

Thank you, we will check the iFMS database. Normally, it should include.

I will check it.

Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Hi,
the reason why SBRJ is not included is due the runway-length filtering. The iFMS specification from the devs said that only airports/runways should be included with a minimum runway length of 4500 feet - the runways (02L/20R and 02R/20L) at SBRJ are 4134/4341 feet long and therefore this airport and the runways of this airport are not included.

Sorry, but that´s their specification … when you want more details about it, please ask the iFMS developer, we may not offer any details to the datasets due partly copyright protections.

Thank you,
Richard

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try to contact the developer.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.