Route format at "briefing page" trouble on Vatsim

Hey there,

after generating the OFP for a flight, the route is shown at the flight briefing site (SimBrief - Dispatch) in the route window with a “copy” button.

Example:
EDDH/05 N0427F310 AMLU1C AMLUH M852 DENIX DCT ZUCKA DCT SODRO T703 LULAR/N0423F300 T105 LANDU LAND2B EDDM/26L

A lot of (new) pilots simply copy this route in this format to paste it into v/xPilot (Vatsim pilot software) to file the flightplan. They are not using the Vatsim prefile website/link.

Unfortunately this format causes some issues with the Vatsim ATC Client Euroscope and plugins. “ICAO/RWY” at the beginning/end of the route is used to define ATC assigned departure and arrival runways. If this format is filed by a pilot, ATC can not trust in the assigned runways (as well as SIDs and STARs) and it requires additional workload. Additionally the abbreviated SID (e.g. AMLU1C instead of AMLUH1C) is not detected as SID.

Would it be possible to display the route on the website in the ICAO flightplan format as required for flightplan field 15 route (without speed/level)?

Many thanks and best regards

Phil Hauf

Hi Phil,

I understand the issue. However this route display is useful since the runways and initial speed are not displayed anywhere else on the briefing page, as well as aligning with the way this is displayed elsewhere in SimBrief (ex. the Calculate and Compare feature, and many OFP formats).

Using the full SID/STAR names also is problematic, because many users still copy/paste the route manually into software such as Navigraph Charts. The AIRAC database only recognizes the shortened SID/STAR names, and most software has not been programmed to convert from the full names.

I will investigate adding a “Copy for VATSIM” button to the route box that will copy the route in a compatible format. But this will not stop users who are manually selecting the route text unfortunately.

Best regards,

Just an update, I have now added a “Copy for VATSIM” button to the flight route box:

This won’t prevent users from manually selecting the route text and copying it that way, but hopefully it should still help.

Best regards,

Many thanks for the fast small fix and the idea with the “copy for Vatsim” button. Let’s see if there will be at least a small improvement on the network. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Phil

1 Like