RNAV Approaches into NZQN/Queenstown

Hi,
I am flying the Fenix A320 from Auckland to NZQN/Queenstown and would like to use the RNP Y or Z 05.
None of these approaches are coded in the Navdata and have to be manually entered into the MCDU.
Is this normal?
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

Does anyone have a comment on my question?
Thanks
Juergen Mader

Hi Jürgen,
sorry for the delay of this answer … both approaches are included in the Fenix A320. Possible you have forgotten to update your cycle?

Here from AIRAC 2210:

All these approaches are tailored records and normally not in the default database but they are included as you see.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,
You are correct, I can select the arrival procedure e.g. RNAVZ05, however there will be no way points coded in the FCU.
If I look at the approach chart for NZQN RNP Z RWY 05 ( I hope I interpret that approach properly) it starts at IBABU-QN577-QN573-QN571-QN569-QN565-MOPGA OMUBO-QN555-QN550-QN545.
These way points I had to manually insert into the approach/flight plan.
Thats what I was wondering if it is normal procedure.
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

Hi Jürgen,
IBABU is defined as IAF, so it´s a transition (or in Airbus a VIA) … you must select the transition IBABU and than you have all waypoints:

Possible I misunderstood your issue, than sorry …

Cheers,
Richard

AHA…I see
I even see the IAF wording in brackets now.
Thanks for help Richard
Juergen Mader

No problem Jürgen … have a nice day and sorry for the delay of this answer, overseen it.

Servus,
Richard

Servus Richard.
R u German?
Juergen

Österreich :slight_smile:

Servus
Richard

Alles Klar
Ade
Juergen

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.