NZQN RNP Y RWY23 missing waypoints

Hello,

When selecting the RNP Y RWY23 approach in the FenixA320 fms, and choosing the ELRUV4B STAR, the plan seems to exclude the waypoints between ATKIL (the IAF) and ATVUP - namely QN780, QN775 and QN770. These waypoints are fairly important as this approach is through mountainous terrain.

Am I missing something? Or is the approach coding just buggy/wrong?

Hi,
and a warm welcome here at Navigraph - Merry Christmas :wink:

I assume, you miss something - the ATKIL is a approach transition (like UGPED) which must be select in the FMC. When you only select the approach, you get “only” the final approach …

Here, when I select the ATKIL transition:

… and all waypoints are included:

Check, if you have select the ATKIL transition and you will see all waypoints as expected (like in my screenshots).

Hope that helps,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response. I note that in your example you’ve selected the RNP Z 23 - this approach is limited to CAT B aircraft. The RNP Y 23 is the equivalent approach for CAT C/D and is the approach I was having issues with. Can you try your example with the RNP Y 23?

Thanks,
Greg

Hi again Richard,

I’ve just jumped in the sim and tried it out again. I can confirm that your suggestion of selecting the correct VIA does solve my problem. I actually didn’t even see the VIA option as was just selecting the STAR.
So yes you can chalk this one up to user error/training required :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Merry Xmas,
Greg

1 Like

You´re welcome Greg - fine, when it´s solved :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.