Problem After updating In game charts to release V8

When I first open the charts the VFR background is displayed, but if I zoom out and scroll the charts the back ground goes blank. Its like it’s failing to download the chart info when I zoom in/out and scroll around. The beta version never had this problem for me.

(I have removed the Beta version from my community folder)

Hi,

Is it the same for all layers (IFR/VFR)? Same if you switch day/night mode? Which region/area in the world did you try?

Stephen

I had the same problem but I was able to resolve by unloading the existing flight that was in place at the time of the update.
After unloading the existing flight the base layers returned and I was then able to reload the flight plan.
With a fresh reload the problem was fixed with the base layers remaining visible.

I’m having the complete blank maps problem too right now. I saw this quite a few times in the beta, but no maps with latest v8 release. Toggle VFR, IFR no difference no maps. Other than one tiny segment the rest never loads. Doesn’t matter where in world or what zoom.

Hello there,

I just installed the In-Game panel in MSFS 2020 and I’m getting a blank screen in the maps:

Any tips of what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

We can confirm we’re seeing issues at the moment. We’re investigating.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Hi,

It should be back online now. We’re investigating the root cause.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, just to answer your earlier questions, although may not be relevant now, it was actually the IFR map I was using earlier today, that was blank. I just loaded it up again about 30 minutes ago and the map was blank for IFR, VFR, day and night. But then around the time of your very recent message saying you are seeing issues and investigating, it suddenly started working and seems to be ok for now.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bugged sidebar Hide function with the new update

All OK this morning. I got prompted for a re-log in and allow access for the in game panel, and maps are back displaying properly. Thanks for the quick fix.

I have had this issue with the in game panel on and off since updating. I always fly in VR. Yesterday evening is was working on and off, if I changed the zoom level sometimes I could get it to load. This morning, all charts blank Hi/Lo/VFR regardless of what I did. Could still load overlays, but the rest of the chart was just blank.

Also, when the maps do load, with the new way the charts are displayed, the flight route covers up vital information on the map - can’t read VOR frequencies, or airway headings often regardless of changing the zoom level because the route is drawn over the top of it.

Hi,

We’ve had intermittent issues with the map layers during the weekend. We’re investigating what might have caused it.

As for the route blocking vital data, could you please post some screenshots of this (when the map layers work) to highlight your concern?

Kind regards,

Stephen

N1
N2

I am not sure how to take screenshots in VR, which is where it becomes apparent in the in game panel, but I took some screenshots in the desktop app to illustrate the point. Hope it makes sense.

In the 1st pic, you can see the BVT VOR information. That text dynamically moves in the desktop app. However, in the in game panel, at least in VR, the text does not move out of the way of the route line, and the route line is not transparent, so the text cannot be read. The route line draws over the top of the text.

In the 2nd pic, also from desktop app, you can see there is a V airway bearing label under the route line but it cannot be read. This same thing happens in the in game panel.

It is not a big deal when flying something with an FMS whereby you are programming way points, but when I fly the DC-6 with no GPS on board, I cannot reliably fly a V airway without know the proper VOR radial to set on the OBS.

I don’t recall having this issue prior to the v8 update - the VOR info boxes dynamically moved so they weren’t covered, and I think the route lines were transparent, so you could still read the labels underneath (just like if using a real paper chart, we highlight the route with a highlighter but can still read underneath) - or maybe if you zoomed in far enough the labels could be read in prior versions - can’t remember for sure but I know I flew with charts a lot prior to v8 and could reliably get the data I needed off the chart to navigate to my next waypoint. Not sure how difficult it is to implement, but it seems making the route lines and waypoint dots transparent would fix the issue.

Hi,

Then you are not using the latest version of the desktop app (8.19). It should prompt you at the next restart, if it does not then please download the latest one from Navigraph

This is how it looks in the latest version:

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen, indeed, it had not prompted for update, but I just manually installed and now it appears in the desktop app as it does in your screen shot, which is great. However, did the in game panel also receive an update in the last few days that would change this? My comments are as it relates to the in game panel, and the version of the in game panel I have do not show the route lines as transparent.

Which version of the panel are you running? Check Settings.

Stephen

After several days where the in game panel worked fine, today I had the same issue. No charts shown, only the route.
Both panel and app are updated to latest version.

Hi,

We had a few issues earlier today but those have been resolved. It might still happen intermittently also in the coming days but we are working for a permanent fix so the maps won’t turn blank/grey at all.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Looks like my in game panel is 8.0. I don’t see a way to update the in game panel? Still having issues with charts not loading as well. Was trying to load IFR high enroute charts but it was just blank. Procedure overlays still worked.

Version 8 is the current one.

We don’t have any indication that there are problems loading the maps, and we cannot reproduce here. Could you try again? Also make sure to give it a few seconds to load.

If it still doesn’t load, then please paste a screenshot of how it looks to you here.

Kind regards,

Stephen