Problem about flight plan

It seems that many coordinate waypoints on the app Chart are not visually marked, but they can still be successfully inserted on both Chart and FMC(ex: 5616N).

However, some waypoints between latitudes can’t be input(ex H5613) . Is there a specific format for entering coordinates waypoints on the Chart app.

And I’m wondering how to make the flight routes displayed on Flight Radar 24 applied to chart app?

And how those blue marked transoceanic routes are generated and executed. Are they based on air traffic control instructions, or are waypoints or airways inserted from the beginning? Because it seems that some routes from airports in Japan to the KLAX or KSFO over the Pacific Ocean don’t have actual airways or waypoints, as blue marked routes shown in the screenshot.

from Flight radar24

from Chart

Hello! Thanks for posting.

The waypoint that you use as an example here is not a published waypoint, but rather a shorthand for a full set of coordinates. You can read more about this format (ARINC 424 Shorthand for Oceanic Waypoints) here. In this particular case, 5616N is the same as N 56 00, W 016 00!

This kind of waypoint is also part of the shorthand convention, but in contrast to the above - these waypoints are actually published and included in the navigation data. Clicking on one in the map yields this information:

This kind of waypoint is also mentioned in the linked website. You can use both of these types of waypoints for planning:

In your screenshot, you get an error. Not sure where you found the H5613 identifier, but it is not in our database, which is why it is not found. If a waypoint is in our database, it can be found using the search function:

This is starting to become many questions in one topic, something we generally discourage as it decreases searchability and makes the content less helpful in the long run. In the future, please split questions like these into separate topics!

I don’t know where the blue lines are coming from, but my best guess would be that it is NATS or PACOTS! This can currently not be shown in Charts, but there is an open wishlist item:

As for how you’d apply the flight to Charts - I am not sure! Perhaps there are tools out there that can export FR24 flights to the PLN format, which can then be imported into Charts? It is beyond our sphere of influence, we have no integration with FR24.

Perhaps this post could be of interest:

Kind Regards,
Malte

thank you very much for your answering :pray:
I tried H5613 because I thought it followed a correct format as H5516, so it might be included in the navigation data.
But according what you said. If H5613 is not a registered waypoint at that coordinate, even though H5613 is a correct format. It’s still impossible to be inputted ,right?

This is correct! H5613 does not exist. Adding the H to he beginning signals that you want to look up registered waypoints. You need to use the ARINC424 shorthand format if you want to reference specific coordinates!

Kind Regards,
Malte

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.