Geographic coordinate in navigraph charts

Hi.
I’m trying to enter a specific geographic coordinate in “Navigraph Charts”, but the standard formats that I know of return error. Would anyone know what format I should use and if it is interchangeable with other flight planning programs, like SimBrief for example?
Thanks

Hi,

Here is an example route consisting of a set of coordinate waypoints in various formats:

ENBR DCT 6100N/00200E DCT H6101 DCT 613917N0021530W DCT 6152N00356W DCT N62W005 DCT EKVG

It looks like this in the app:

I would guess the N62W005 or 62N005W format is the most widely supported across systems.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi Stephen
Thanks for the explanation

When I import a Flghtplan made by PFPX into Navigraph, the Navigraph does not take the exact coordinates from those self-created wapoints by PFPX. See attached file.

Thanks for an answer
Regards Alex

I see, no we don’t support that particular formatting at the moment.

Is there any way you can change the formatting in the PFPX output? We would accept those coordinates in this format:

5109N/02406E
5049N/02404E

Stephen

Thanks. I tried 2757N/82323W and got the red dialog box that said" the value 2757N/82323W must be a waypoint and airaway or SID/STAR" . I also tried using all of the coordinates with the / in between and got the same message.

Hi,

That is not a valid coordinate, 823 degrees West. If you type 2757N/08232W (82 degrees West) it will work.

Regards,

Stephen

Thanks Stephen but I had already tried that and the point it gives me on Navigraph is incorrect. the Point ends up being to the right of the runway, midway between Runway and Terminal.

2757N (slash)08232W per Stephen.PNG

dialog box result from Navigraph.PNG

Hi,

I don’t see the issue, the coordinate seems to be exactly where it should be at 27 degrees 57 minutes North and 82 degrees 32 minutes West. See the Jepp plate below as it has the rulers on the edge showing that the coordinate is correctly placed. Please be more specific why you think it is wrong.

Also please note that you can add seconds to the coordinate if you need more precision. Currently you need to remove the slash to add second precision, but this will be fixed soon so slashes are also supported. Like so:

Finally please note that the coordinate is defined in DDMMSS format (degrees, minutes, seconds) and not in decimal degrees.

Regards,

Stephen

it’s not the threshold of RWY31L (just directly above ZERUR not to the right). Google maps pro shows that exact point to be 27.57.47.76/82.32.32.56 which is what I tried to enter. if the entire string including seconds is not entered. it’s offset. see attachment
Perhaps we can’t get that finite
because when I use the CIVA INS NAV in the Xplane ?Concorde, it doesn’t have the capability to go that finite either.

Glad to see Simbrief!

Thanks

| stephen CTO & Co-Founder
August 18 |

• | - |

Hi,

I don’t see the issue, the coordinate seems to be exactly where it should be at 27 degrees 57 minutes North and 82 degrees 32 minutes West. See the Jepp plate below as it has the rulers on the edge showing that the coordinate is correctly placed. Please be more specific why you think it is wrong.

Also please note that you can add seconds to the coordinate if you need more precision. Like so:

Finally please note that the coordinate is defined in DDMMSS format (degrees, minutes, seconds) and not in decimal degrees.

Regards,

Stephen

Do you want to specify the runway threshold? If so you need more precision, seconds too, as minutes only is not enough. Given your Google coordinates, you can specify that as 275748N0823233W In Charts and it looks like this:

Stephen

Hi,

Is there any way to use a coordinate in the search function to just plot the waypoint in the map??

Regards,
Fabio