No ILS10L or STARs KPDX

Hi,
after nearly 10 hours of analyzes, I guess I have found the “problem”. It´s a very tricky one and I guess not very common:

KPDX 10L has 111.30 with the ident IVDG, also in our data - I have checked it:

… but now, short before 10L is KVUO (Vancover Person) and this airport has and LDA approach for runway 08, with exactly the same frequency 111.30 and the same ident IVDG because this LDA uses the same localizer antenna as KPDX 10L.

KVUO LDA approach 08, 111.30 (IVDG) - also in our data:

I have now compared the stock data records with our records, nearly identically expect the ILS name in the stock data for KVUO.

In the stock data for KVUO it´s defined as ILS RW10L with a glideslope
In our data for KVUO, it´s defined as LDA RW08 without a glideslope

So, first the ILS for KVUO in the stock data is wrong because it´s no ILS approach nor can you use a GS, nor is it for 10L into KVUO. It looks now, that ASOBO/MS has “copied” the KPDX ILS record for 10L into the KVUO ILS record, to avoid frequency issues like you have now with our data.

Sorry, but I have no clue, how the sim recognize the frequencies for an airport/runway and I have also no clue, how we can handle this. The data (our data) are correct so far, but will not be shown due the equal usage of the ILS on different airports. By the way, it looks LNM can´t also handle this - thats the reason why you see the LDA LOC 08 text.

Again, that´s status quo … I´m pretty sure, that this is an issue in the sim now …
Cheers,
Richard

1 Like