New MSFS ATR 42/72 data export format (as it ISN'T identical to the Aerosoft CRJ format)

There’s been a lot of testing of how to load Simbrief data into the FMC of the new MSFS ATR 42 & 72 and using the Aerosoft CRJ format has been suggested as the way format.

However it appears that the required data format for loading a flightplan into ATR isn;t quite the same as the CRJ which results in the Approach and all the data beyond that not being loaded.

The problem looks to be a change in the values expected in the RwyArrFINAL field.
The CRJ expects (and so Simbrief currentl;y exports) a value like “RwyArrFINAL=I15”
However the ATR expects a value like “RwyArrFINAL=ILS15” so it can’t parse the value from the CRJ file and stops loading the flight plan at that point.

(You can test this by manually creating a flight plan in the ATR FMC and using the Save option on the menu page to write the plan out to disk and comparing the value with a similar plan generated exported from Simbrief)

In the short term it’s pretty easy to manually edit the exported file to correct the value, but it would be appreciated if we could get a specific output format for this plane.

Hi,

We’re looking into this.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Hi, I’ve added a new download format for the ATR. Look for “Microsoft ATR 42/72” in the list.

You might need to regenerate your latest flight plan for it to show up however.

Let me know if it works as expected. If the aircraft does not properly import a route, please try restarting the flight and then importing into a “fresh” instance. I noticed sometimes the ATR’s import stops working after a while.

If it still fails to import, please upload the .flp file here and I’ll take a look.

Best regards,

6 Likes

Thank you! Is the Simbrief Downloader going to be updated as well?

Microsoft ATR 42/72 is already in the list without update of SimBrief Downloader itself

1 Like

It looks like the downloader app updates it’s data formats from the web so was already available in the downloader when I checked a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Thank you both for your responses!

If you don’t see it, simply (re)generate a flight plan and it should then appear in the downloader as a selectable option.

In SimBrief Downloader Change Settings if you select Always export new flights automatically, Downloader will export the flights automatically when you “Generate Flight”.

I also select Always overwrite existing files when exporting (without prompting). In this way, “Generate Flight” is all I need to press and the export to all my favourite formats follows automatically.

Cheers
Ian

I got it to add Microsoft ATR to the list, but the directory is blank. where do we point it?

Damn, you guys are good. Only tried it once so far as a quick test, but thank you so much!