Need help with building an IFR flight plan

I am a new user but am having a very difficult time in developing an IFR flight plan for CJ4 using Navigraph 8. And I have watched many Navigraph videos on how to do this but all to no avail.

I was using Sim brief to build the ifr flight plan with no problems. But I like Navigraph charts and want to use Navigraph to construct my IFR flight plans. First, I have a question…where can i find info on what the colored circle below the airport on flight plan means and why does it say VFR when I checked IFR and Std in options??

The problem that I cannot solve is when I select an approach after selecting the runway and the arrival STAR it stays dashed and does not go solid?? My problem is only with destination airport…no problem with Origin runway/SID. I am using the suggested ones from Navigraph once I select the runway.

I have attached a picture.

Hi! Thanks for posting!

That indicator shows the meteorological conditions at the airport. It does this based on flight category, which can be briefly summarized using something like this image:

Resources - Library Contents - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

Pressing the colored circle will take you to the full weather report!

This is because the procedure states that the connection between the arrival and the approach consists of vectors issued by ATC. That means that there is no way for us to know how you will be flying beforehand, and thus we show a dashed line indicating that you will get vectors to the approach!

This pattern is quite common in the US, and you can usually find this written on the arrival chart. That is also the case for the arrival in your screenshot, here’s how you can find it!

1. Press the three dots in the arrival section:

2. Press “Open chart”

3. Read the procedure description - look for your destination runway and read the associated landing instructions:

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Thanks so much Malte…very helpful. All the best!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.