Selecting IFR but generates VFR

while planning a flight plan from gatwick to el part, i selected IFR, but after clicking generate, it creates a VFR for some reason, tried it multiple times but it doesn’t want to even do it, it is important for the ATC as last time it didn’t gave me instructions to land thus missing the approach.

Correct me if im wrong.

Hi, can provide some more details?

What simulator and add-on are you using? How are you importing the flight?

Best regards,

Hi, yes of course

I am using Microsoft flight simulator as usual, i use the fenix a320, i just load them from the begining.

Is this a common issue or simbrief doesn’t have to do with anything?

Hi, you may want to ask this question to Fenix support.

But I think you must also import the flight plan into the in-game world map for ATC to vector you correctly. You can do this by exporting the FS2020 .pln format from SimBrief and loading it into the world map when setting up your flight.

If you are already doing this, then it may be a simulator issue. SimBrief’s .pln files should already set the flight type to IFR.

Best regards,

Ok then that’s alright, i m just confused like I selected IFR but when i check navigraph charts, it sets it to VFR and i was thinking the ATC descend clearance wasn’t requested due to this, but thanks

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.