Navigraph Navdata Center: Login Button Not Working

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I really need help. I just subscribed to Navigraph and tried downloading and running the NNC on Windows 10. Every time I open it and it prompts me to login, nothing happens when I click it. I have Chrome set as my default browser, I have messed with my regedit, my internet is fine, and so I am not sure what else to do. I have seen other people with similar issues to mine recently, so could this be a 1.0.5 issue? Please help me if possible, thanks!

1 Like

Hi…,

Welcome.

Try disabling Antivirus and Firewall. Try Edge as default browser. Just trying to determine what might be the issue on your system.

Cheers
Ian

Hey,

I appreciate your help. I just did both of those things and restarted my computer, but I am still having the same issue. Here is a video showcasing the problem:

Are you by chance using Kaspersky ?

Ian

Also, please ensure you have your computer’s clock correctly synched to local time.

Please try again and advise if you still have the issue.

We shall observe at our end.

Cheers
Ian

I checked and I do not have Kaspersky, and my clock is synced and it shows the same time as my phone and other devices.

I doubt this would work, but would it be possible to try different/older versions of Navdata Center? I’m curious if this is an issue unique with my machine, or with this version. If that is not possible though that’s alright. I appreciate your assistance so far!

I also just tried downloading and running Navdata Center on a different computer, and the same issue is happening there.

Would it be possible to load the Navdata manually, at least temporarily? I can live without the charts I’d just like the data at least.

1 Like

On the other computer please try Chrome and Edge as default browsers. If both computers are connecting via same router, maybe try connecting via mobile phone.

We don’t have a manual install capability. Lets try the above suggestions first.

Cheers
Ian

I tried both browsers, I tried my phone hotspot, and I still have nothing. I doubt it is one of those issues due to the fact that it doesn’t do anything at all. I figure if it was a internet issue I’d get an error, and it would open something since my default browser is set.

Do you have access to or a way to test older versions of Navdata Center and see if it is an issue with the version?

Can you log into Navigraph Charts?

Ian

Yes I can, the online/website portion is working fine, it is just the desktop program that is giving me issues.

1 Like

Just to verify, have you tried our Charts desktop application? That’s what we’re interested in here.

Kind Regards,
Malte

Oh my apologies, it seems like that isn’t working either. Here is the log for that:

08:10:53.430 > Checking for update
08:10:53.729 > Update for version 7.6.1 is not available (latest version: 7.6.1, downgrade is disallowed).
(node:3056) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: #
(node:3056) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: #
(node:3056) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:3056) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:3056) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
(node:3056) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

It is strange that I am getting errors for both applications.

This might sound odd, but that is perfect! This narrows the issue down a bit. Let’s continue this discussion in DMs for now, and update this thread once we have come to a conclusion.

Sounds good, I appreciate all your guys’ help so far, it’s much appreciated!

2 Likes

You’re always welcome! We do our best to help everyone to ensure a good experience.

A post was split to a new topic: Not able to sign into Navdata Center

TLDR; This issue has been partially tracked down, and it seems to be network-related. It went away when using a mobile hotspot, but so far I am not aware of any final solution.

In order to (hopefully) help others with the same issue I have provided my conclusion sent to @SuitedHound below.

There is an issue with your network setup ( Error: unable to verify the first certificate ). There could be many reasons for this, it is impossible for me/us to tell you the exact cause.

Basically, the error indicates that it tried and failed to verify the first certificate in a small chain of certificates. These certificates are used to encrypt your traffic, and verifying them is crucial to ensure the authenticity of both you/your request and our servers.

We have double-checked our own certificates and everything is green on our side. Your computer, or rather some software on it, is intercepting network traffic in a way that is not compatible with our security standards. A likely scenario is that some antivirus or “network security” software is adding a certificate to the chain in an attempt to make the connection more secure, crippling the security in the process :smiley:

The “Proxies” section in this post describes possible scenarios and solutions. Please have a look there and see if any of it helps!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.