Navigraph Charts still forcing updates

As of the recent version, Charts still forces a user to do an update, when can we see this issue resolved, we shouldn’t be forced to do an update, and we shouldn’t have the notice block data being displayed in Charts. As well, the update process doesn’t even work properly on a Mac, pressing the dialog doesn’t actually perform the update, I still have to go into settings to download, and then restart Charts via the menubar.

Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the suggestions re updates which will be considered for next update for Charts.

Cheers
Ian

I have just received an update notification and I pressed skip, because I was flying. However Navigraph Charts still quit and started the update setup a short moment later. I do not feel comfortable installing an update while flying, so I had to use the webclient for the remainder of the flight. Please do not force updates and let us install them when we exit the application after landing.

I had the same issue, pressed skip, it didn’t do the update immediately, but went and did it when I went to close Charts, so it didn’t really skip the update, just delayed it. I would prefer to be in control of my updates.

Haven’t had an update since to see if this problem was resolved.

Hi Team,

Concur, we are investigating.

Cheers
Ian

Last night during a flight I received the update notice, and pressed skip install. It didn’t install the update at that time, but it appears it installed it when I closed down Charts for the night, as this morning when opening Charts, there is no update.

Would prefer that when I press ‘skip update’, it indeed does skip doing the update until such time that I tell it to.

Yes this will be fixed.

Cheers
Ian