Nav Hub Does Not Update PMDG 737-600

Hi, recently started up the Nav Hub to do updates and it downloaded a new update to the hub. All updates worked except the PMDG 737-600 update. Hub version is 1.2.4. Any advice?

Hi…,

Navigraph Hub v 1.2.4 updates the PMDG 737-600 correctly.

I suggest:

• In Navigraph Hub Remove and Install PMDG 737-600 update
  • Restart machine

If still no joy,

• Uninstall/reinstall Navigraph Hub
  • Restart machine

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Your first suggestion couldn’t work because I didn’t mention the Nav Hub locked up (became frozen) after pressing the UPDATE button in the hub. So I went ahead and uninstalled the hub and downloaded the new Nav Hub (again version 1.2.4) and installed it fresh. No joy! The Nav Hub locked up again when pressing the button for the PMDG 737-600. Again, the UPDATE button for MSFS worked. I also have a button for the Aerosoft CRJ which also worked fine so I’m confused as to why the button for the PMDG 737-600 locks up the hub? Please advise further.

Regards,
Iven

If the Hub works to update MSFS and Aerosoft CRJ, but not the PMDG 737-600 , maybe the PMDG 737-600 installation is faulty.

Please uninstall/restart/reinstall/restart PMDG 737-600 and try again. Make sure you are installing using default locations.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

I deleted the current install of the PMDG 737-600 and reinstalled. No joy. The Nav Hub still works for MSFS and the Aerosoft CRJ but still freezes when trying to update the 737. Sorry for the trouble but I’ve got no where else to turn to. Hope you can provide further advice.

Regards,
Iven

Hi @NCHawk5018

Can you please delete the directory %localappdata%\Temp\Navigraph and try again?
Freezing could be a sign of another process accessing the PMDG directory as well and then the Hub would sit and wait for it to give back access. You don’t use any other tools that are accessing your Community folder?

Kind regards,

Markus

Hi m4rkus,

Deleted the %localappdata%\Temp\Navigraph folder as requested. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Nav Hub from a fresh downloaded copy. No joy. Still freezes the Nav Hub. No other processes running that I know of. I turned off everything in the Community folder, meaning the only active programs would be those installed and operating outside the Community folder but none active at the time of trying to do the update. I even shut down as many operating system (system tray) applications to ensure nothing was running in the background causing interference. Now I have no idea what the hub is doing internally, but hypothetically, instead of something interfering with the hub operation could this be a possible problem with the hub finding the files/folder it’s trying to manipulate causing it to stall? I’m guessing here and there is nothing extremely peculiar about my folder structure. I operate the sim on the D: drive (an M.2 NVMe card) with everything related to the sim in a folder named MSFS2020 on that drive. Again, I’m just throwing out a thought. Hope you can still provide some further advice.

BTW, can you tell me where the folder(s)/files are located the Nav Hub are trying to get at so I can be sure there are no folder access issues? Again, I don’t do anything strange here but will check it just to be sure.

Regards,
Iven

When the hub does not find files or there are permission problems, it will end up with an error. Freezing happens when the filesystem, for some reason, tells the Hub to wait because something else is accessing a folder it is trying to access. I have added some extra logging for you, can you please try again and I will have some more info on my side :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Markus

Hi m4rkus,

If I understand correctly you just want me to run the hub and try to do the update again? I did that just now. I opened the hub and actually went through each update (uninstalled and reinstalled) MSFS2020 and the Aerosoft CRJ (both of which worked fine, then I tried the PMDG 737-600 again which of course froze. If you need me to do anything else drop me a note.

Thanks for the help,
Iven

Hi m4rkus,

I did try it again and hoping the additional logging might have told you something. Can you tell me what folders the hub is trying to access so I can check for proper folder/file privileges on my end.

Standing by,
Iven

Hi m4rkus,

After my last post I started poking around and checking the primary folders for the PMDG and guess I fixed the one causing the problem because I finally got the Nav Hub to update after making some changes. It’s a bit of a mystery as to why only the PMDG suffered the issue, even after reinstalling it but I’m not complaining, it’s working now.

Cheers,
Iven

Hi @NCHawk5018,

Sorry for the late reply. The logs on my side looks weird, I can only see your successful install but not the failed attempts. What changes did you do to the folders? I would like to be able to reproduce this myself so that I can ensure it does not happen again :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Markus

Hi m4rkus,

Well, I tried to pick the most obvious thing (Occam’s Razor right). I found the PMDG 736 folder in the Community folder. You would think after reinstalling the bird there wouldn’t be any permission issue’s because I’m the only Windows account on the computer and have admin rights. Checking the permissions for the folder I didn’t see one specifically for my account name. All the typical were there such as Creator Owner, Users, Administrators, just not one for my account name. So, I created one specifically for my account name and gave it full rights such as modify and full control. When I started the Nav Hub up again this time it was different in that it didn’t show UPDATE, it actually showed INSTALL as if it had never been there. I went ahead and clicked INSTALL and it instantly showed REMOVE, I presume it worked (haven’t flown the 736 yet). This was very similar to the last incident but then none of the update buttons worked which was part of the confusion for me. It was permission problems then too if I remember correctly. I don’t mess with permissions at all unless it is a problem so, again I don’t understand why permissions are being such a pain. I hate the fact I dragged you through this but I didn’t have much to go on. The way the Nav Hub is designed, you click it and it works or it doesn’t. Still your help made a difference because of what you told me about it hanging. That sparked the idea from the last time I had this issue and got me headed in the right direction. Much appreciated! It would still be good to know why the permissions don’t get set right during the install of the PMDG but that’s beyond me. I have no doubt the Nav Hub is working correctly and only hanged due to the permission problem. Hope my description helps.

Cheers,
Iven

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.