MSFS: Removing the Navigraph-Hub connection to the CRJ 700 breaks the airplane

Just to inform you, sadly too often, there is an airport in the msfs database but navigraph cannot find it (i.e. OERY). Today I removed the connection to the NG-Hub to my CRJ-700 with the hope, that I can enter OERY in the FMS afterwards. Cutting the connection to the NG-Hub broke the aircraft. I could span the aircraft on to the runway, but the cockpit was dark and not responsive. Rebooting windows did not solve the problem. I had to uninstall and reinstall the aircraft in order to have it working again. And yes, without Navigraph Hub connection, I was able to type OERY as the departure airport in the FMS. That so many airports are not in your database is frustrating. I’m sure you are logging failed attempts to enter airports in simbrief and you know what I mean.
Happy new year :grinning:

Hi,
this airport was a military one and not published any longer in the AIP of Saudi Arabia - in other words, this airport is closed (at least for commercial flights). I don´t have direct access to the Military AIP of Saudia Arabia, but I´m pretty sure, that this airport will also handle no more military flights.

I have looked on google maps to the “old” location and here what you see:

The red point is the Airport-Reference Point of the old/closed OERY airport (N24431865 E046432893).

We use real-world data and when you can select an airport in MSFS, than it doesn´t mean that this airport exists, has the correct airport-icao code nor the correct runway idents. There are over 300 airports world-wide in the MSFS which doesn´t match with the real-world. So, I wouldn´t trust the MSFS too much.

One word about the topic:
We only install data into a specific folder, which comes from the addon-developer. This folder only contains our navdata files, so it´s very unlikely that your issue has something todo with the data (installing or removing) per se even, when it looks so for you. We don´t (and can´t change) anything in the logic of the CRJ.

Hope that helps,
Richard

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your quick answer!

I knew your answer already when I wrote my op. I’m sure many users reported missing airports. Navigraph has a lot of clever people, they could think about a solution. Maybe user defined airports and waypoints?

However, I reported only what happend. I removed the hub, then i had a broken aircraft.

Greetings :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.