MSFS CTD when loading with Navigraph on the Community Folder

Hi,

I am troubleshooting the cause of a constant CTD when initiating MSFS and playing with the folder inside my community folder, I have identified that both navigraph-navdata and navigraph-navdata-base are the cause of the CTD.

Everythig works fine with other addons enabled, but when adding navigraph folders it crashes.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Gabriel Costa

Hi Gabriel,
sorry to say but it´s very unlikely that this has something todo directly with these two packages. I assume more a combination of your system, drivers and also the MSFS. The reason for my assumption is, when this two folder (which includes the navdata) are really buggy and produce a CTD we would see this here in the forum or the ticket system immediately.

The MSFS forum is full of such CTD reports with different reasons. Therefore I can only answer this globally.

1. Check if your system is not overclocked - not the mainboard nor graphic card
  2. Check if your system is up2date and you have installed the latest driver for the core system
  3. Check different graphic card driver (depending which graphic card you have)
  4. Check your HDDs, that the discs are healthy and don´t have any bad sectors or similar else
  5. delete the rolling caches in the MSFS

Again, there are a lot of CTD reports in the MSFS forum with different solutions and also without a solution. In nearly all cases, it´s a combination of different settings (in MSFS and out of MSFS). There is no real “right” answer, or a “correct” solution. The navdata files it self is only a part of your MSFS …

Sorry, that I can help you more here,
Richard

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply and you are correct pointing out the CTD problems of MSFS.

I have tried all proposed solutions before posting here with the same thinking as you.

However, the fact is that game doesn’t start if I have the navigraph folders in the community folder, it starts normally when I take it out.

Gabriel Costa

Hi again Gabriel,
we have no possibility to debug anything here and as you and I wrote, the MSFS is very complex in using hardware resources.

Possible a new installation can fix this issue on your system, but also here. This is only a trial&error. We have several thousand users who use the packages without any CTDs and only a few with CTDs. Not helpful I know.

The MSFS forum is full of such CTD reports, without using our data. So it’s really hard to find a correct answer/solution to this. Sorry for that.

Cheers
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.