MSFS 2020 Problems installing

Hi there,
after Installing the App i can’t install the packages:

Any suggestions
Cheers
Stefan

I just came across this issue with the Steam version of MSFS. It allows me to push install, but it does not do anything.
Using software version 1.0.0-beta.16 on 64-bit Windows 10 Pro

Same situation here, using latest game version, purchased from the Xbox app (a digital copy, not a subscription).
Also beta 16 in use.

Hi Team,

Welcome.

Please update your client Release notes - Navigraph Navdata Client - beta 17 ) if you are not already running beta.17.

Then install cycle 2013 rev 3: Release notes - AIRAC Cycle 2013 - revision 3

Cheers
Ian

Issue persists with beta 17.

Is there a way to enable more detailed logging for possible indications what might go wrong?

Seemed to install properly, though I had to delete the old AIRAC manually. Thanks!

Hi “Breezewind”,

Thank you for update. Glad it is resolved.

Cheers
Ian

Hi guys,

If you get the could not find/access simulator-message (but you have the simulator installed :wink: ) it means that the app for some reason could not access either the file UserCfg.opt or the navdata-package itself.

You find the UserCfg.opt file in these places:

• If installed from Microsoft Store: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt
  • If installed from Steam: %appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt

Navigate to this file, right-click it, choose properties and verify that the file
permissions look like this:

Also, open the file and make sure that the last row has an “InstalledPackagesPath”-entry that points to the path where your Community folder is installed.

Here is something to be aware of. The simulator proposes a default path in AppData to install the packages into. It is possible in the installation of the simulator to choose a custom path, if you rather would have all the packages on a separate SSD.

What the simulator does not tell you is that the reason it uses AppData as default is that AppData is a Windows standard folder where applications can write without elevated privileges. If you choose an alternative location you absolutely must choose a path which all applications can read just like AppData (with the same file permissions) otherwise the installer will not be able to function without admin privileges. Please verify that the directory where your Community folder resides, and the Community folder itself has the same permissions as AppData for your user:

If there already is a navigraph-navdata and/or navigraph-maintenance folders inside the Community-folder, delete them as well as the file permissions could have been corrupted.

Finally, don’t run the installer at the same time as the simulator is running as it will lock these files as well.

This should most probably solve your problems, if not then just write back with your results :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Markus

It appears the beta software is hardcoded to look in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\ instead of %appdata%, which is why it has failed for me. My entire (Roaming) %appdata% is in a different location to save space on system drive.

Creating a copy of UserCfg.opt where it would be in a default %appdata% configuration changed my error from "Could not find " to “Not installed”, but this was merely for testing purposes and is not a solution. Although if Navigraph only use this file to get the InstalledPackagesPath it’s not overly inconvenient to just leave the file there as a temporary workaround.

Hey Gahalle,

You are correct. The paths are hardcoded partly because the native support for accessing local/roaming in the Electron framework that the app is based on was shaky and partly because I did not know that it was possible to move AppData from its default position :slight_smile:. As per your comment I have found a fix for this and a new beta 18 has just been pushed and should be available in any moment. Please give heads up on how it works, and thanks for contributing with valuable feedback to make our products better :+1:

Kind regards,

Markus

Fixed for me with beta 18. :partying_face:

Thats great :slight_smile:

@SimX01 & @Breezewind please try out the new Beta 18 and check if the problem is solved for you as well.

Kind regards,

Markus

Beta 18 works fine now
Thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.