Moving Maps not detect flight in my FSX:SE simulator

Hello, I have this problem and I looked over other threads but didn’t really find a solution. A similar thread here has been made but it was closed due to found solution for the OP.
Moving Maps @running simulatore could not be detected. I do not see dll.xml file in my FSX:SE folder as suggested.
How should I get over this?
Thank you very much
Cenda

P/S: Here is also the Simlink log that you might need it.
simlink_2021-12-29.dlog (933 Bytes)

Hi …,

Welcome.

I suggest you start from scratch with latest Charts and Simlink . Please disable any Antivirus and Firewall.

In Simlink Plugin Settings uninstall Simlink plugin from your FS , then completely uninstall Simlink and Charts using Windows Programs and Features exactly as under .

If they exist delete directories
c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph and c:\Program Files\Navigraph

Then download and install latest Simlink and Charts Desktop using the default prompted locations.

Restart computer.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi again Ian,
I have done what you suggested but the problem still remains

What you also tell me the name of the plugin file located in FSX:SE folder, because I found another thread Moving Maps @running simulatore could not be detected that I do not see dll.xml file in my FSX:SE folder as suggested. Does this also relating to this problem?

Cenda

Are you saying you don’t have a c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml or the dll.xml doesn’t have the following Simlink reference in it ?

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Navigraph Simlink</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Gauges\NavigraphSimlink.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

as the last entry before

</SimBase.Document

Cheers
Ian

MY Bad, I found where the dll.xml located. the last entry before </SimBase.Document is not related towhat you suggested.

Cenda

Hi Cenda,

Please take a backup copy of that dll.xml. Then use a text editor to carefully copy the Simlink detail into the dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Navigraph Simlink</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Gauges\NavigraphSimlink.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

as the last entry before

</SimBase.Document

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hello again Ian,

I think I’ve got it this time. I noticed that there is two FSX folder under APPDATA: FSX & FSX-SE.
The FSX-SE has your suggested Simlink entry in dll.xml but another folder (FSX) doesn’t. So I added the entry in the dll.xml in folder FSX as well. And it worked.

Thank you so much for your fast reply and I wish you a good day. And happy new year too :smiley:

Cenda

1 Like

Hi Cenda,

Excellent, you are welcome. Glad it is resolved.

Happy New Year.

Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.