Moving Maps @running simulatore could not be detected

I run my stuff Bootcamped on WIN 10PRO iMac 27in. Recently I had to uninstall it all and up the size of the Bootcamp partition to accomodate MSFS 2020. After reinstalling it all FSXSE is not deteced by Moving Maps.
I run charts on an iPad to make it easy to see during a flight, but I have also tried it on a laptop and the iMac WIN 10 to no avail.
When Simlink lauches it says FSXSE is updated. The plugin setting shows the correct location for FSXSE. The General tab says Simlink cannot detect a flight in the simulator and it’s not broadcasting flight data to the server.
I have deinstalled and, after deleting all the simlink files, reinstalled simlink. I have had Steam verify the FSXSE files. I have run SFC and DISM for WIN 10, but nothing
seems to help. It works OK on MSFS 2020 which I know has a different mechanism but it confirms the iPad and Laptop charts installations work, so I am now stumped. Any ideas??
Regards
Thomas

Has anyone any suggestions how to deal with this. I still can’t make it work.

1 Like

C’mon please guys, someone must have some suggestions how to deal with this.

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

Apologies for delay in response.

Please post a screenshot of Simlink Status and Simlink Mappings using

See also FAQ - Simlink Install and Systray and Guide to posting Screenshots

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

Thanks for the response to the problem. Here are the pics. I’ve also included a pic of a route on charts on my iPad with the message saying that Moving Maps cannot detect a running simulator. As I wrote previously, I have followed the advice on reinstalling Simlink. Sorry this is a quick and dirty

Mail, I am not in my home office.

Regards

Thomas J Cheney

Screenshot 2021-05-18 073043.png

Hi Thomas,

Our Simlink developer Vishal will shortly be contacting you directly.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for post more details about the issue. From your post details, its looks like the issue are from the Simulator plugin configuration file (dll.xml).

Can you please follow below troubleshoot points for issue check,

1. Check DLL.XML file location,
    a. Close running Simulator and Simlink
    b. Now open the Microsoft folder which is located in the system APPDATA folder, for open the APPDATA folder please follow the below steps,
    1. Press Win+R key. (It will open window like,
    2. Now type %appdata% and press the “OK” button.
    3. After open APPDATA folder, open the Microsoft folder.
      c. Find DLL.XML file in FS or FSX folder
      d. Check if their Navigraph Plugin details exist or not.
      e. If Navigraph entry is exist, then please check DLL.XML file is exists in both folder (FS or FSX).
      f. If a file does not exist in one of the folder then please copy it.
      g. Now Open Simlink and reinstall the Plugin from Simlink Plugin Setting window.
      h. After installing the plugin, run the Simulator and check if Simlink is connected or not.

Please let us know for the issue after following the above steps.

TR,

Ahir Vishal D.
Navigraph

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have just followed your instructions and it now works fine, so thanks for the help.

Regards

Thomas J Cheney

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your result, and we are happy for your issue is fixed now.

Please feel free to ask us if you face any issues with Navigraph Product.

TR,

Ahir Vishal D.
Navigraph

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.