Moving Map bug

Hey all. Installed the new charts app on my Android Tablet yesterday. (S6 Lite). Installed simlink on my PC for the first time and tried the moving map. I discovered that when the moving map is activated on the map itself without anything opened its fine. If I open a specific chart then my position marker disappear, when I close the chart again its still disappeared. If I want to select moving maps on the toolbar on the left it still is activated and I have to deactivate and activate it again to use it again. Not exactly a bug which renders the whole app unusable, but kind of a smaller annoyance.
Besides that I really enjoy the update :slight_smile:

Reproduceable for me also

1 Like

+1
The position marker disappears regurlarly (while the map continues to move).

Hello,
on my android tablet the position marker go a way when i switch the charts.
i must switch by the moving map the following mode to off and back to on and the marker is also back

regards Pete

Hi,

We’re investigating this issue.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi,

Please download the latest update of the app from the Play Store, and let me know if it works better or not!

Regards,

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

it seems to work, i can only static test in the moment, an fsdt update stops running gsx with the simulator!

give answere after a test flight

regards Pete

hi stephen,

after umberto fixed the bug in the last GSX updatet i came to a short testflight from lipx to lipz.
Now it works as it should, even after changing the charts the aircraft marker remains present.
Thanks for the quick solution to this problem.
greetings Pete

| stephen CTO & Co-Founder
November 12 |

• | - |

Hi,

Please download the latest update of the app from the Play Store, and let me know if it works better or not!

Regards,

Stephen

I didn’t get any update through the play store, so I deleted and reinstalled charts. I’m showing v8.13.0 RC2 as my version, and I still have the same issue.

EDIT - 5 minutes later, it seems to have worked, and I don’t know why.

Is it just me or is there no easy way to turn moving map back on, after for example zooming to a different part of the map. It should just be one button press. Now, I have to press three times, to get to the setting, to change the setting, to get the small pop-up out of the way. I suggest adding a button below the zoom icons to quickly get back to moving map.

Hi team,

I’m finding the same issue with Android in that I have no position marker at all. Charts move, zoom etc ok.

Cheers

Warwick

P.S. Big high fives for Charts ver 8, it’s changing the way I fly!

We have an improvement in development which will reduce the number of clicks!

Regards,

Stephen

Which version are you running? Check Settings.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I’m on 8.13.0 build RC2.

Cheers

Please provide a little more detail. Is Simlink installed and running on your sim computer, and is it using the same account as you are using on Android?

Is moving maps working on your desktop computer, and at the exact same time not working on Android?

Stephen

Hey Stephen,

Yes Simlink is installed and running and I’m using the same account across PC and Android. The moving maps work on both devices but the position marker only shows on the PC.

The flight was following on the Android device but I couldn’t see any marker.

Best wishes

Warwick

I see. And if you open a Jeppesen chart in full (not as an overlay on the map), then the marker shows?

Which device model is this, and which Android version is it running?

Regards,

Stephen

Similar issue here: position marker shows on PC (8.14.0 build 3474711788), on Android running 12, but not on Android running 5.1.1. The Android running 12 didn’t initally show the position marker but after fiddling with some options (switching from VFR to IFR Low and High, and generally just clicking around a bit), it then started showing up. Both Android tablets are using Charts 8.13.0 build RC2.

Similar issue for me. Running Charts v8.13.0 build RC2 on Android tablet. Uninstalled and reinstalled from Playstore (still v8.13.0). No success, however everything ok on laptop with Charts 8.13.1 build 3428732208. For information I was a Beta tester using my tablet so don’t know if that has any bearing on the problem.

Which Android version?

Stephen