Missing Canadian airport

Margaree, CCZ4 seems to be missing in Navigraph. It exists IRL, as well as in Skyvector and in the MSFS World Map.

Hi,
in most cases, this is a private only airport, or an airport where not all data (ie. runways) are available. Not all airports (at least none commercial ones) must be report their facilities to their countries, therefore it´s possible that someone are missing.

You see also in Skyvector, that only the airport is available but no runway-symbol. Also when you search for this airport, Skyvector doesn´t find it too.

Hope that helps,
Richard

Thanks for the response but it’s in Little NavMap with the runway details, as well as the World Map in MSFS. I wouldn’t expect Skyvector to have runways, as they don’t offer much outside of the United States. But at least it exists in Skyvector. There’s no excuse for Navigraph to not have it.

Correct, because LNM reads the bgls from the MSFS and when the airport/runway is in MSFS you will see it in LNM too. The MSFS uses a mix of real-world data + SAT images (therefore a lot of runway idents are wrong) and therefore they can offer this airport with the runways.

When you look on the Skyvector map you see transparent airport circles + filled airports with runway … this is one of the symbol where you can see, if there are runway data available or not.

Here as an example:

No, this airport doesn´t exist in Skyvector either.

Here the example airport CCZ5 from the above screenshot - the yellow info button shows you, that there are data available:

… when you do now the same for CCZ4, you will see this:

So, no further information available - no info button. You can cross check this, when you try to use the search button in the “Airports”, you will see, that you get no result for CCZ4

So, please forward us any real-world reference with all data (like from the AIP Canada) for this airport and we can ask our source-provider why this airport is not included.

Thank you,
Richard

Okay, so the bottom line is that I can’t count on Navigraph to provide a one-stop resource. It’s awesome but not a complete go-to. Thanks for the education.

For sure, we can ask our data provider but we need any real-world references for this and at least I haven´t found anything and also competitors like SkyVector doesn´t have any details for this airport. As I wrote in my first posting - it´s either a private airport which doesn´t report any data to the Canadian authority or the airport doesn´t exist (what is not the case for my understanding your posting).

Sorry, but without such details we can´t add anything …

Cheers,
Richard

Here’s a screen print of CCZ4 in Skyvector, that I got from doing a Google Search for CCZ4. As you pointed out it did not surface when I searched for it directly in the Airports on Skyvector… Strange.

… I assume it´s a link error in Skyvector, because when you try to search via the “Region - Canada” and you click on the CCZ4 airport, the info windows open as expected. But anyway, I don´t know the source of Skyvector and at least I don´t have any access to the AIP Canada to look about this in detail, sorry.

I have also looked if this airport is part of the FAA data but negative. So, I can´t find any real-world reference to this, that we can report this … sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks for all of your help and the time spent. It’s been an education.

Tom

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.