Missing Approach WP's

Hello. I just noticed this today. I have up to date Nav data.
The RNAV (RNP) 08R Approach into KLAS is missing several WP’s. This is also observed on the Navigraph Chart’s approach plate as well. Using the Toliss A346, I was assigned the RNP 08R Appr from YAGGR, (Off of the COKTL2 STAR), and the FMS only had two options to choose from, where there should only be a single option anyway. The RNAV 08R (V) was the only one I could use to allow the IAF of YAGGR to work. Neither option has all the WP’s, and (V) is missing a lot. Every WP after MNDRN is incorrect. You can compare using this chart from Skyvector.

Let me know if you need anything else from me.
Thanks
Dave.

Hi,
thanks for your report … and yes, I have a follow up question:

You wrote something about V and also on your screenshot, RNV08RV … I’m not sure what approach this should be, because we don’t have this approach in our charts, nor data.

Also, your Skyvector charts shows the RNV08R approach (without any V) and this chart is equal to our RNV08R chart. The waypoint sequence are identically, also comparing the data with the charts.

So, the question for me is, what should this V be? This approach doesn’t come from us …

Cheers
Richard

Whoops. Yes you are right. Your charts do match the Skyvector one. As far as the “V” Choice. I have no idea where it comes from. The Aircraft is supposed to use your Nav data. I guess I’ll bring it up with Toliss to see if they have any idea what this means. Thanks for getting back to me.
Dave

:thinking:

% grep APPCH CIFP/KLAS.dat| grep 8RV
APPCH:010,A,R08RV,YAGGR,YAGGR,K2,P,C,E  A, ,   ,IF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,    ,    , ,08000,     ,18000,-,210,    ,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:020,A,R08RV,YAGGR,CEENA,K2,P,C,EE B, ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,    ,    ,+,07000,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:010,R,R08RV, ,CEENA,K2,P,C,E  I, ,   ,IF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,    ,    ,+,07000,     ,18000, ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:013,R,R08RV, ,MNDRN,K2,P,C,E   , ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,0020,0031,+,06000,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:015,R,R08RV, ,POKKR,K2,P,C,E   , ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,0010,0033,+,05000,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:017,R,R08RV, ,PAYTT,K2,P,C,E   , ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,0010,0016,+,04600,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:020,R,R08RV, ,BHARP,K2,P,C,E  F, ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,0640,0025,+,03800,     ,     , ,   ,-315,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:030,R,R08RV, ,RW08R,K2,P,G,G  M, ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,0790,0047, ,02218,     ,     , ,   ,-315,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
APPCH:040,R,R08RV, , , , , , EM , ,   ,CA, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,0790,    ,+,02590,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,B,B,V;
%

Regards,

Tim

Sorry, right … I have checked the database … this approach is designed as RNAV VISUAL approach - therefore the V at the end and therefore the “missing” waypoints comparing to the “normal” RNAV08R approach.

Cheers,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.