LOWW ILS11 (MSFS crashes around WW652)

Hello,

When I tried to land at LOWW ILS11 (BALAD approach) … around WW652 the simulator just crashes. The only content in my Community folder this time was just the Navigraph navdata (AIRAC 2111) … I used the A320NEO, I haven’t try with a different airplane. Then I added FBW A320 in the community folder … it also crashes at the same point (around WW652). Later, when I removed the Navigraph navdata from the community folder (now I have just the FBW A320 in the community folder) … everything works fine with A320NEO (ASOBO) and the FBW A320 also. Can you look into this please ?

Thanks !

Hi,
do you use any 3rd party addon scenery for LOWW? I ask because I can´t reproduce the crash - I can fly the whole STAR and can land without any issue … but I use the stock-scenery, no addon-linker or similar else and the latest stable version (0.7.2) of FBW A320.

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks for you reply and to looking into this ! … I just reproduced the same crash with TBM 390 … around waypoint WW652 …
Maybe I missed some important details :smirk:… I fly from LOWL (RW *) to LOWW (RW 11), choose ILS 11 BALAD transition … then mid-flight I choose direct to WW652 (to avoid the whole STAR pattern) … when I’m close to WW652 … the simulator just CTD (with 0x00000005 code in event viewer) …
Right now I just have the Navigraph navdata and FBW A320 0.7.2 in my community folder … no other 3rd party scenery pack (or any other packs) … If I remove the Navigraph navdata from the community folder … the flight goes just fine (selecting direct WW652 mid-flight somewhere)…

I will try to fly the whole STAR pattern also (BALAD) … I’ll update my status on this.

Thanks !

Hello,

Indeed … flying the entire STAR does work (LOWW … ILS 11 … BALAD transition). I took the FBW A320 (0.7.2) … worked like a charm. Apparently the issue appears only when I choose to shortcut the pattern (direct to WW652)… let me know if this helps.

Thanks !

Thanks for testing and the additional information. We will check it and we will compare it with the stock data. Thanks again for your testing and sharing your outcome to this … I have always flown the transition, so I haven´t done a “DIRECT TO” - will test it :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

PS: have you seen this only at Vienna or do you know, if that happens somewhere else too?

Hi,
good morning … We (Jason) had tested this scenario and we also can reproduce it. I will try to compare the stock data with our data to find out why this happened but it will take time to find out the reason because there are no logs or similar else, that means “try and error”.

Thanks and we will come back, when I have any news. I will let this topic open …

Cheers
Richard

Zoltan - issue identified … we are currently working on a fix and will release a second revision as soon as we are finished and has tested the fix but I´m pretty sure, that we have found the reason.

All in all, thanks Zoltan for your help and your effort - much appreciated, you helped us a lot …
Cheers,
Richard

PS: I will come back, when the fix is ready and revision 2 is out :wink:

Wow … Thank you ! … I really appreciate your effort on this … replying to your earlier post if it happens somewhere else … I just remembered a couple of weeks ago I was flying toward KAGC … ILS 28 … same type of CTD happened toward waypoint GUGTE …didn’t pay too much attention that time … not sure if it is the same issue or Navigraph navdata related … if I have time I will try to reproduce later today.

Thanks again ! :clap:

No Zoltan - this is/was a general waypoint issue with specific waypoint types. It could have happened anywhere, so this wasn´t a LOWW issue. I´m currently preparing revision 2 - should be released soon.

Cheers,
Richard

Revision 2 is out now Zoltan … I´m happy about any feedback :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

Hello,

Just tested AIRAC 2111 V2… LOWW … ILS 11 … direct to WW652 … :flight_arrival: works excellent !!!
Kudos to everyone in the team ! Thank you !!!
You can close the issue from my end.

Great work for the entire Navigraph team !!! :airplane:

Cheers,
Zoli

1 Like

Thanks for the positive feedback Zoli and of course the nice words … but I´m honest too, without such wonderful customer, we were nobody because we need such inputs from outside to make our products better and better.

Therefore thanks to you and all our customer here for your patience, for your efforts (because I know, sometimes it´s more than frustrating) and also for your loyalty … thank you very much!

Cheers,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.