Keybind to charts. A bit of a repeat of a question from July

In July, a question was posed: " Keyboard Shortcut to show/hide Charts window?"

The answer from @skysail was not just yet. “While there is no official way to do this, we can and will add a keybind in the next update. You won’t be able to configure the keybind through the in-game menu though, unfortunately.”

Has this been achieved yet, please? I’m more of an X Plane bloke but am fiddling about with FS2020 and spend ages trying to make the sim act like what I am used to in XP. It’s keyboard ‘a’ for avitab in X Plane :slight_smile:

I do like the way Navigraph integrates with FS2020.

Hello James! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, this has been achieved. The shortcut is Ctrl + N.

See the changelog for more information:

Cheers!
Malte

1 Like

That was quick! Can I change it to ‘a’ :grinning:

Thanks.

There is no easy way to do this, but there is a way. If you have MSFS installed on your main drive, follow these steps to switch to the A key.

1. Press + R , type powershell and press enter.
  2. A blue command prompt will open, paste the following and press enter again:
Set-Variable -Name NGPATH -Value "$env:LOCALAPPDATA\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\navigraph-ingamepanels-charts\html_ui\InGamePanels\NavigraphPanel\JS\NavigraphPanel.js"; (Get-Content -Path $NGPATH -Raw) -replace '0x4e', '0x41' | Set-Content -Path $NGPATH

The panel should now listen for the A key instead. I realize that this is not a user-friendly option, but like mentioned in the original post keyboard shortcuts for panels is not really supported by the simulator, making this purely a “hack” of sorts.

Hope it helps!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

It might help. The main part FS2020 is on my c:\ drive but the packages live elsewhere. I’ll give it a go.

No! Really :grinning: Thanks @skysail

I’m fortunate to have three screens, so it’s not that important.

1 Like

It will not help if the packages live elsewhere. You will have to adjust the NGPATH variable in the command. Find the community folder in which the Navigraph panel is installed and copy the path into the script so that it follows this template:

Set-Variable -Name NGPATH -Value "<PATH-TO-COMMUNITY-FOLDER>/navigraph-ingamepanels-charts\html_ui\InGamePanels\NavigraphPanel\JS\NavigraphPanel.js"; (Get-Content -Path $NGPATH -Raw) -replace '0x4e', '0x41' | Set-Content -Path $NGPATH

That should work. If it doesn’t, here’s a panel installation where the shortcut is changed. Just be aware that any updates to the panel will reset the shortcut!

navigraph-ingamepanels-charts.zip (39.7 KB)

1 Like