Interface scaling

Since updating to ver 8:32 the interface scaling on the in game panel keeps resetting to very small in VR and way too large and unadjustable in 2D. Any one else getting this?

Hello! Thanks for the feedback!

What do you mean by adjustable? Do the scale buttons in the settings page not work? Could you send a screenshot?

Kind Regards,
Malte

I too have issues with the scaling.
I started MSFS Flight at a Gate
Then I activated VR
Put my HMD on
Clicked the ingamepanel NAvigraph Icon and after heavy stuttering (major lags >1 second and at least 5 times till the panel is loaded) my Icons are so huge and the map is very small.
Clicking at settings and I see, that the scale is set tu 600. Using Plus or Minus, to scale up or down, does cale once to 510,… and then it hangs at that value.
Closing the panel, switching out of VR, opening the panel again, the issue persists only the values changed from 510,… to 800. Still to big icons at 2 d now. Closing the ingamepanel again, switching back into VR, does not eliminate the issue.
It seems that the scaling is broken.

Also, small remark, the “position icon” (Pink) is way to small and does not scale right as well. It always stays to small. Prior the last Navigraph ingamepanelupdate (wich I installed yesterday), it was better and more stable (just a opinion)

Regards
MArcus

Same issue for me. The scale of the interface is enormous and impossible to rescale minus and plus button do not work properly (more than 300%)Interface scaling - #4 by ecools

Please restart the flight - there might have been an issue with the distribution of the latest version. I am not able to reproduce any of the issues mentioned so far.

If the issue persists after a flight (or simulator) restart, please provide screenshots!

how to provide a scrrenshot ?

There are many ways. Here’s an article that may help: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-11/how-to-take-screenshot-on-windows-10/m-p/3760249

I do not have access to a VR headset, but this is what it looks like to me in the MSFS “Fake VR” environment:

Ah, that is probably a leftover from the bug. The incorrectly calculated scale is stored, even if the panel itself is fixed. I think I can push an update to fix this!

1 Like

I have now pushed an update which should force reset everyone to 100% scale. This will happen every time the panel is started, so I will revert this change soon. Let me know if it helps!

Thanks in advance as the minis and plus do not work…

Yes it is better now

But unable to set exactly 100%

I am puzzled as to why you are getting such an obscure scale value.

I have pushed yet another update now, let me know how it looks after a restart!

It’s OK now. 100% at the start and increment by 20%. For me it’s OK; Many thanks

Seems ok with default 100% but would be nice if it would remember your desired setting as it did before.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming.

It should remember the setting now, I have reverted the force reset of the scale. Make sure that the build in the settings says scale-fix!

Still doesn’t remember setting. Have “scale fix” version.

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this issue. The scale persists just fine across restarts. Did it work for you before? Some users have been having issues with file permissions that prevented the simulator from persisting information which is way out of our control, but if it worked before it should work just as well now!

I have updated the build to scale-persist instead so you can make absolutely sure that you are running the latest version. I verified this build to work on SU15 beta, but it should apply even without it!

If you are still having this issue, let me know and I can send you some debugging instructions.

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi, Ive got the latest build (scale persist) but it still defaults to 100% on each restart. Not a biggy but would be nice if it didnt.