Interface scaling

Since I can’t reproduce this, it is not expected behavior. I guess we’ll need to do some debugging!

1. While the panel is running, please open http://localhost:19999 .

2. You should see a page with blue links. At the bottom you should find “Navigraph Charts” - click it

3. You should now see a screen with scary red messages. You can ignore them! Head back to the simulator and press the interface scale buttons in the settings a couple of times. Go back to the page with the red messages - you should see something like this:

If you see these messages, we are doing everything that we can to persist these values. It is then up to the simulator to persist the values across flights and simulator restarts - there is nothing more we can do, unfortunately.

Let me know how it goes, and if you need any additional steps!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Having selected “navigraph charts” I don’t see any "scary red messages, just 5 or 6 lines of data.
Having gone back to the in game panel and pressed the scale factor I’m also not getting the “key” messages either. I do appreciate your help on this but as I said it’s not a big problem just a bit annoying as it didn’t happen before the latest update.

It could be that my debugger opens in another tab by default. Look around the top edge and find Console - click that one and you should see what I am talking about! If you don’t see any red messages, you are not on the right menu!

I’d like to confirm that the panel is still doing what it can to persist the data. If it does, it is a simulator issue. If it does not, it’s a panel issue. If you are happy using it as-is, then that’s fine!

Hi, right, now have the key upscale messages as described so I guess its a sim issue. I’ll use it as is but if you come up with anything let me know. Thanks for your help in any case.

1 Like

Same problem for me here in VR. Also find the lines.
[Info] Key: uiScaleFactor set to 1 (NavigraphPanel.js, line 13)
[Info] Key: uiScaleFactor set to 1.2 (NavigraphPanel.js, line 13)

Would be very! nice if you can fix it… What also sucks is the long loading time of the app in VR after starting it.

This is not something that we can fix. As you can tell by those logs, we are setting the values - it is up to the simulator to persist them, not us. Some have had success by running the simulator as admin, but that is generally really bad advice so I won’t call that an official solution. Here is one such case:

There is nothing we can do about this without rebuilding the app from scratch specifically for the simulator. This is not an option for us at the moment, and it would ultimately result in the panel lagging behind or being completely left out when new features are released.

The core issue is that the in-game panel shares resources with the simulator, so one will inherently limit the other in both directions (slow loading panel, low FPS in simulator). There is no way around this due to the way that the simulator is built - the only other option is to run the desktop app and somehow bring that into VR!

It’s possible that we can find a different solution in the future, but at the moment this is the best we can do given the circumstances! Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Malte

It’s irritating for sure. Hope a solution can be found. :pray:

How do you quit the simulator? I have been told by MSFS developers that quitting the simulator any other way than through the menus could cause issues with persistence.

To be clear: this is not a Navigraph issue, but we are always looking for workarounds that could improve the situation!

Kind Regards,
Malte

The only time I ever quit the simulator other than by the normal menus is if the whole MSFS process is frozen and necessitates ending with Task Manager, which has been an extremely rare situation for me and last time was long ago, way before this Navigraph issue that only appeared after the recent update to the Navigraph In-game Panel. Previously the default scale was fine on my PC monitor, now it is too small and I have to set it manually to 160%.

To be clear: The persistence problem may well be an MSFS issue, but it appears that the changed handling of scaling is a Navigraph issue.

Kind Regards,
Pete

What is your screen resolution? Could you show me a screenshot where the scale is at 100% ?

At 100% scaling, the interface size should match that of the rest of the simulator… Is that not the case for you?

Until recently the text scaling of Navigraph Charts in-game panel seemed to match all other windows in MSFS so it was never a problem and I didn’t even know if there was a scaling option available.

I have a Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95T 49inch Ultra Wide Screen Curved Monitor at 100% 5120 x 1440 resolution.

Here are my graphics settings:

This is a screenshot with Navigraph at 100% scale:

This is a screenshot with Navigraph at 160% scale which is what I now have to set manually every time:

Close-up of 100%. Compare to text size of ATC window:

160% is the minimum I need for comfortable viewing without squinting:

Thank you for the reference screenshots!

We shall see if we can tweak the default scale setting to make it more comfortable in this scenario as soon as we have available resources.

Kind Regards,
Malte