Interacting with scrollbars is not trivial

Hey folks - I’m having a really difficult time in VR scrolling the sliders that for both waypoints and charts. There’s a very particular clickspot and it takes some resizing and fenagling every time I want to scroll around my waypoints/charts. It might be related to how I run my onscreen resolution (very low) so that my graphics pipeline has more headroom for the VR headset - I’m not sure but this seems to mess with rendering of windows in my headset display. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I thought I’d just mention it.

Hello Daniel, thank you for the feedback!

Sorry to hear about this - must be frustrating! Do you also use the non-beta panel? Do you find it simpler to scroll there? If you do, then the below is interesting to me!

I know that the “old” panel allows scrolling by just swiping on the pills/charts, is this something that you use or do you use the scrollbars? If you use the first option, do you find that it causes any lag?

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

Hi Skysail,

Thanks for your reply!

It’s a small inconvenience, doubtless magnified by the fact that everything else works so amazingly well in the beta. I have used the non-beta panel for hundreds of hours of flight time, and do indeed find it simpler to scroll there for the exact reason mentioned - I just click and drag the charts and pills themselves. Personally I do not find that it causes any lag.

Hope that answers your questions, let me know if you need any other clarification. Thanks for the help!
Dan

Thanks for the additional details!

I have added this to our issue tracker, we’ll have a look at possible solutions as soon as we get resources to do so! Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Kind Regards,
Malte

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.