Im clearly doing something wrong but i cant see

hi all im clearly doing something wrong no matter what routes i plan they all seem to be broken when i look at the planned line in side aircraft it shows broken lines.
my route loads fine.

init loads ok

departure is set ok
my flight plan then starts to look like this

as you can see it just stops at that point
then carries on after the void

again breaks then restarts

when i take off and get in the air i get up to speed put an AP and auto throttle and it just goes off plan banks round then just switches on heading automatically and goes off on its own.

hopefully someone can spot what im doing wrong as i cant see it please help me out im running out of paitence with simbrief now

Hi again,

The issues you’re facing are likely not SimBrief-related but more related to flying the Airbus A32NX. Nevertheless, from the pictures you provided, it seems that your route has a discontinuity.

Discontinuities are breaks in the flight plan and often separate two flight plan sections, like the SID and the first in-route waypoint or the STAR and the APPR. They are normal, and depending on the route you are flying, this could mean that after the discontinuity, you may require radar vectors by air traffic control. To determine if a discontinuity can be deleted or not, you need to refer to the departure/arrival charts.

To read more about discontinuities, refer to the FlyByWire guide:

Secondly, the issue with the aircraft not following the route you entered in the FMS could be due to the FMS not being set up correctly. From the first picture, I can see that you filled in the init A page correctly, but did you fill in your init B page? You can access that by clicking the right arrow, and you will find your zero fuel weight and zero fuel weight CG, both of which can be found in the EFB. Once that is done, fill in your block fuel, also found in the EFB (see below).

Do the same for the PERF page by entering your takeoff speeds and flap settings. Once you fill in this information, you should see NAV and CLB in blue, which means the system is armed and will become active once you depart around 200-400 ft above ground level. Once it’s active, it will change colour to green.

If you still have issues after following these steps, I recommend joining the FlyByWire Discord server. They will be able to help you with any additional questions or concerns.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mo

2 Likes