Ils vhhh incorrect

Airport VHHH. The ILS frequency of RWY 07R as detailed in the charts is incorrect and the same as that of RWY25L, given as Freq 110.90 both ways. RWY 07R is actually 109.30.

Hi,
I have looked directly in the AIP of Hongkong and here the frequency is also 110.9 for 07R/25L

… and here the original charts of the ILS 07R/25L from the AIP - also here 110.90:

Please can you post your official reference to this frequency change?

Thank you,
Richard

1 Like

Good evening Richard

Thank you for the email. I contacted a colleague who utilises ForeFlight to download the real world chart. Guess what? It is also incorrect, I have enclosed copies of the real world Jeppesen. He is reporting it to ForeFlight to Jeppesen. I will also try and report it to Jeppesen.

Kind Regards

Keith Andrew

Cell: 082 439 6244
Email: keith.a@mweb.co.za

Hi again,
why do you mean, that all is in-correct? What is your reference?

I´m 100% sure, that the answer will be the same as I have found out. The AIP Hongkong is the base of all the data/charts for all source provider, and as I have shown you, the frequencies are correct.

So, I´m curious why you mean that all of this is wrong …

Cheers,
Richard

Also to add, checked my company’s LIDO charts, juuust incase there was something there. Nope, unsurprisingly ILS 07R/25L frequency is 110.9

Hi Richard

Just waiting for an answer from ForeFlight and will send as reference. Why I say its incorrect, only 07R has the incorrect frequency on the Jeppesen charts because you cannot have the same frequency on the same rwy in both directions.

I set the ILS frequency on the B737 simulator into Hong Kong to 110.90, glide slope and localiser appear but inactive. Did the same approach using 109.30 and established and landed.

Hopefully ForeFlight will take it up with Jeppesen and should then be corrected in the next release.

Kind Regards

Keith Andrew

That assumption is incorrect. You can have the same ILS frequency for two runways. Just have a look at EGLL/LHR ILS RWY09/27L. Both use the same frequency 110.3. Same for the other runway pair, 109.5

1 Like

Hi Richard

I have to succumb. I have learnt something. Apologies for wasting your time. I will inform the pilot who I requested help from.

I did not know you can have two stations with one frequency 180 degrees out. But now I do.

Kind Regards

Keith Andrew

No probs, no need to apologize Keith … but beside the frequency, you can be 100% sure, that the AIPs of the countries are correct and these AIPs are based for all data provider. That was the reason, why I have uploaded the screenshots from the current version of the AIP Hongkong …

In other words, I´m and I was 100% sure that these frequencies are correct :slight_smile:

Anyway, I wish you Happy Easter and please ask, when you have any other question, issue or something else. We try to help where we can :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Afternoon again Richard

Thank you for your email, your wording and understanding is really appreciated. I will take up your offer in future.
Happy Easter to you and your family too.

Kind Regards

Keith Andrew

2 Likes

Just to add a comment
As stated by Vatnsfjord and Richard, it is quite usual both ILSs on opposite ends of a single runway share the same frequency. A lot of examples of this in US, United Kingdom, Belgium, etc…
In real life, depending on the active runway, one of them is active while the other is shutdown, so it will never be a problem
However, it could be in the simulators (at least in FSX and all versions of P3D) in which an incorrect acquisition by the autopilot approach logics can be observed from time to time, depending on aircraft situation relative to runway end considering there’s no way to inactivate a coded ILS.
Do MSFS users have the same problem? I don’t know

Hervé

1 Like

Hervé

Thank you so much for your email. Between you and Richard I really went through a learning curve, one runway two different approaches 180 degrees apart with same ILS frequency. Yes, you hit the nail on the head, it was with Prepar3dV5. Im going to try VHHH 07R with XP12, MSFS and Prepard3dV6 (don’t actually use this Sim and only use V5 for the B777, waiting for PMDG for MSFS and FF B777 V2) and see if they are correct. I did google the same runway 180 apart same frequency and I you said one ILS operating at a time depending on active runway.

Thank you and Richard for teaching me new technology. It is so appreciated.

Kind Regards

Keith Andrew

1 Like

Good afternoon Hervé and Richard

Just wanted to correct the start of my email correctly.

Kind Regards

Keith Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.