ILS 04 and ILS 22 LSGG

Hi guys,

I’ve got an issue with the ILS 04 and ILS 23 at LSGG. When I’m doing an ILS APP, normally in real life the plane intercept the glyde at INDIS waypoint for ILS 04 and for ILS 22 at SPR waypoint. But in the sim with the Fenix A320, the plane intercep the ILS far away from SPR at 7000 ft and after I’m too high on the final APP. Can you check please ? @NAVData

Best regards.

Hi,
thanks for the report - but where is the issue now? The too early intercept of the localizer? The localizer range is hardcoded in the MSFS - I guess 25 or 27 nm … I don´t understand the issue now?

Cheers,
Richard

The issue is that the plane intercept the Glydeslope too late at Geneva for ILS 22 and ILS 04. In real life, the plane intercept the glyde at SPR at 7000 ft but When I’m at SPR the plane doesn’t capture the glyde at SPR, he’s capturing the glyde far way from SPR and after I’m too high on the approach

The problem is, that we have no influence, no range data in our Fenix database - so we can´t really manage this. I´m also not sure, how Fenix the range will be calculate or if they use the MSFS data for this.

I have made a short test with the FBW A320 sitting on the SPR VOR (18.6 NM) at approx. 7200 feet … you see, that the LOC and the GS are active and visible.

So in other words, when this is an issue it´s a Fenix issue because the MSFS data shows the GS correctly at SPR. In the Fenix database there is no range, where we can set this … only the frequency and the course, that´s it. Sorry, but please report this to Fenix - I can´t see any navdata issue here.

Thank you,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.