How to import a Navigraph flight plan into the MCDU of a A32NX FBW?

I create airliner flight plans with Navigraph. How can such a flight plan be imported into the MCDU of a A32NX FBW?

1 Like

Hi…,

Welcome.

Please see 16. Export Flight Plans from Navigraph Charts to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

When you first export your .pln from Charts , navigate to and choose your MSFS LocalState directory where there should be other .pln plans.

Depending on how you obtained MSFS, this will likely be something like

Sim from Marketplace:
%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Sim from Steam:
%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

This directory should now be remembered for subsequent Charts exports.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for your advice. It works.

However, I struggle to import a flight plan from SimBrief into A32NX FBW. My SimBrief profile is ok. But if I press INIT DATA REQ* then nothing happens. I hope for a solution. Thanks.

Hi…,

Try

1. Make sure you have latest A32NX version.
  2. Create OFP in Simbrief.
  3. Enter your Simbrief username into MCDU Menu\Options\AOC\SIMBRIEF. Your pilot ID then shows in blue.
  4. In INIT choose INIT REQUEST .
  5. Contents of your Simbrief OFP should be loaded into MCDU.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Bingo!

OFP was missing.

Excellent advice. Thanks.

Halleluja!

1 Like

Hi. I am having a similiar problem. I create a flight plan in simbrief and then in the MCDU my pilot id is already entered in blue. When I go to Init I do not see init request. Is this because of an update? Also, I cannot import from simbrief into the flight pad. Please help

2 Likes

The INIT page for Simbrief is on the AOC menu page (MCDU menu > ATSU). And also do not forget on the same page the PERF/W&B push the “OFP request” which is right LSK5.

For full setup of the MCDU follow D I F F R I P P S sequence. Plenty of youtube videos will explain this.

Hi Barry,

After saving flight plan in SimBrief, in Dispatch Options make sure you press Generate Flight to generate the OFP. This is needed to load using INIT REQUEST in MCDU.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Thats strange. In my A32NX dev version, I no longer have the “options” available in the menu…

Try

1. Make sure you have latest A32NX version.
  2. Create OFP in SimBrief.
  3. In Flypad\Settings(Cogwheel)\ATSU/AOC enter Simbrief Username/Pilot ID
  4. Enter your SimBrief username into MCDU Menu\ATSU\AOC Menu\INIT/PRESS select INIT DATA REQ.
  5. In INIT choose INIT REQUEST .
  6. Contents of your SimBrief OFP should be loaded into MCDU.

See also SimBrief Integration - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

Cheers
Ian

Thanks. I had the development version installed. Switched to the stable version and all was well. Regards.

Peter Webber

Hi Peter,

That’s strange, I wrote those using the Development Version. Maybe try again.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

For some reason, the “development” version does not have the “options” selection in the MCDU…maybe a flybywire thing. And also tried with a fresh install…

Peter Webber

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.