FMS data manager not finding PMDG addons (P3dv5)

Hello all,

I am new to this program, so I hope this isn’t a stupid post, but I have FSLabs A320 and it is working great, updated via the FMS without issue.

However, I installed the PMDG fleet recently, and none of them are being found by the data manager, only the airbus is showing up

Am I missing a step to get them to appear for updates?

Thanks,
Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Welcome.

Lets start afresh.

Please disable any Antivirus and firewall.

Please use Windows to uninstall FMS Data Manager. Specifically use FAQ - Charts desktop installer fails immediately

If they exist, please delete folders:
c:\ProgramData\Navigraph\FMSClient and c:\Program Files (x86)\Navigraph\FMS Data Manager.

Please download and install latest FMS Data Manager .

If still an issue, please post screenshots of Settings tab showing P3D v5 path and Addon Mappings tab showing PMDG paths. If still no joy you may need to add PMDG manually there.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Just to let you know, the reinstall worked and the scanner picked up the PMDG after I followed your steps.

Thank you very much for the help, it is very much appreciated

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

You are welcome. Thank you for the feedback.

Happy flying.

Ian

Hi Ian, I have 2 SSD drives; C: and an E:. My sim files re mostly installed on the E: drive including P3D v5 . I notice you advise a C: drive path for Joseph. What path would I use when P3D is on the E: drive?

Hi…,

Welcome.

I suggest you install latest FMS Data Manager to default locations as prompted.

In FMS Data Manager Settings, make sure your Prepar3D v5 path is where your Prepar3D.exe is located, likely your E: drive. This should be detected by pressing Scan in Addon Mappings

Cheers
Ian

Fantastic! Many thanks Ian for your prompt assistance. Using the scan function was the trick. It’s amazing how frustrating something so simple can be. I’m a pilot not an IT person and file paths etc really get me puzzled sometimes. Anyway all good now thanks to your help. I can get back to flying!
Regards,
Mark
Melbourne
Australia

Hi Mark,

You are welcome.

Hope you are coping with these hot nights.

Ian

It seems to be one extreme or the other. However, we’re good with a bit of air conditioning. Sounds like you might be in the land of Oz too???
Mark

Absolutely, and loving the tennis.

Ian

1 Like