Flight plans badly distorting when loaded into FS2020

Hi, I have been successfully loading Navigraph flight plans into FS2020 for some time - but the last couple of days they have been wildly distorting with seemingly random waypoints thousands of miles away being added into the plan. Can’t work it out but it’s ruining my navigation. Pictorial example attached from World screen in FS2020. Any ideas appreciated.

Steve Clarke

Hello Steve! Welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with our exported flight plans. In order to have a better understanding of what’s going on here and hopefully determine the cause, could you please send me the flightplan .pln file in question?

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Malte,
Thanks for the prompt response. I must say I have had an excellent experience with Navigraph since I started using it some months ago - but in the last week something very odd has started happening. I create the plans as usual (often to German airports) but when I place them into FS2020, huge diversions are added to a point off the coast of Africa. In fact the spot looks like the one that Navigraph has always opened on, for some reason, since I first had it. I don’t know why that happened as I have never flown there - but now it seems this point is being incorporated into my flights unasked.

I’m attaching the original flight plan, which looks fine in Navigraph btw. I’m also attach some pictures that show how it displays in FS2020. When I try to fly these plans, my A320 starts making these unasked for diversions. Any help appreciated as it’s ruining my enjoyment of Navigraph and the sim currently.

Best wishes
Steve

EDDMLSGG.pln (9.3 KB)

Wow, that’s a big monitor! I can’t explain why this happens just yet, but that point in Africa is the center coordinate of the earth (N0, E0). It looks like something is not being interpreted correctly and is thus left with a default value.

I will investigate and try to reproduce it using your attached flightplan and get back to you!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Alright @Steve007 , I am unable to reproduce this and I am pretty sure that I know a solution :slight_smile:

Have you updated the navdata in the simulator? I guess that the simulator handles waypoints that it can’t find/locate in this way. The last cycle, 2106, was released on the 17th of June.

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Malte,
Thanks for a great idea. I hadn’t downloaded the FMS updaters, but did that this afternoon and thought my problems might be over. But when I put a Paderborn/Hamburg plan into FS2020 it still inserted the massive diversion to N0. I’m attaching shots of the installed Navigraph apps. I was a bit surprised to see only one addon come up as I feel I have downloaded quite a few. In another shot you can also see there are no defined paths to FS2020. Is this a problem - I am wondering if the app is seeing my microsoft program? I feel we’re making progress, but don’t seem to be there yet, Advice appreciated.

Bests
Steve
EDLPEDDH.pln (7.0 KB)

Hello again Steve!

The Navigraph FMS Data Manager does not provide any data for FS2020. It is only the Navigraph Navdata Center that is able to do that. We will slowly transition to the latter, with the ultimate goal of having everything available there instead. This means that it is completely normal for the FMS Data Manager to not recognize any FS2020 addons or the simulator itself.

That said, you should indeed not be seeing that issue anymore since the Navdata Center is showing that the latest cycle is, in fact, installed. In order to make sure that it is correcly installed and that we’re not dealing with any permission issues, please follow the steps below:

1. Press + R to open Windows Run.
  2. Type %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache into the field and press enter.
  3. Locate the file called Content.xml and attach it to your next post.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Malte,
Thanks for sticking with this. I’ll give that a go and report back.

Bests
Steve

1 Like

Hi Malte,
Hopefully this is what you’re looking for. Just trying again with FS2020, I notice that not only is the problem still there, the 'plane seems to be following seemingly random routes on take off that don’t even stick to the incorrect flightplan. It’s very puzzling.

Bests
Steve
Content.xml (5.7 KB)

Thank you, that was the correct file and it looks like it should. I’m currently out of ideas for possible causes, but I will discuss with the other developers to see if we can find something else to check!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Steve,
I assume you have any other issue with your configuration but that has nothing todo with the navdata. To verify it, please remove the navdata for testing and try it again. You will see, that your issue still exists. I also can´t say what the cause is, but I can´t believe that the navdata are the reason for that.

Therefore, remove it and make a few tests - when the plan sits on the right place without our data, then please report it back. Sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your investigations. It is very puzzling. Ultimately it seems to be how the Microsoft program interprets Navigraph. It has only just started doing it - but the effect is quite catastrophic. I’ll try with other data and see what happens. Thanks for your help. If I get anywhere I will let you know.

Best wishes
Steve

Hi Both,
Just to close this out - I tried various complicated remedies before trying the obvious, namely logging out of Navigraph and logging back in again. I’m pleased to report that, for now at least, that seems to have fixed it and this has stopped happening for the past few days. I’m sure you will be aware (as I wasn’t) that the dreaded D0 bug is well documented on the FS2020 forum. It is somewhat catastrophic and I’m praying it does not return, although it is still a complete mystery to me as to how it started. Thanks for your assistance. Navigraph is a great product and a must for serious simmers, and for that reason alone its usage deserves every assistance from Asobo and Microsoft.

Best wishes
Steve Clarke

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.