Flight plan in msfs

Hi all
Iam new to navigraph and just wondering when i create a flight plan on navigraph and save it how do i load it to the plane in msfs ?

Hi…,

Welcome.

You might like to start with 16. Export Flight Plans from Navigraph Charts to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

You can also create flight plans in Simbrief and load these into MSFS using FAQ - Exporting SimBrief flight plans to MSFS

Please ask if you have questions.

Cheers
Ian

ok i did that and it saved to downloads i load to pc and it doesn’t show it that it saved

Hi…,

When you export the pln, save to directory you will need in MSFS such as
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

MSFS can then load the pln from this directory.

The directory name will depend on whether you installed MSFS from the Marketplace or Steam.

Cheers
Ian

many thanks for the quick response Ian! tried that. The problem remains. when I navigate down to the line it
shows this as the path; c:users\bill\appdata\local\packages\microsoft.flightsimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\local\state

no other choices are offered

I presume you meant c:users\bill\appdata\local\packages\microsoft.flightsimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\localstate without the slash in localstate. Great, save it there.
Can you load into MSFS? If not, create and save a plan in MSFS and look for where it places the pln file. This is where it loads from when you load plan in MSFS.

I highly recommend SimBrief Downloader. Once set up, your Simbrief flightplans are exported to all the right places including MSFS when you click on Generate Flight.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian…you were correct. There was no / between local and state. I select save the path. However the problem is the same. The path looks fine but it will not load to MSFS when I select download. It just continues to ask how I want to open it.
My apologies…I have enjoyed flightsim (FSX, XPlane, and now MSFS) for years. However, I am not highly technically competent. Have viewed numerous "how to’s and manuals on line. Many actually contradict each other. Nonetheless, here I am.

Please create and save a plan say KSFO-KLAX in MSFS and look for where it places the KSFOKLAX.pln file.

This will likely be c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState (for Sim from Marketplace) or

%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator (for Sim from Steam:) . Which version do you have?

This is where it loads from when you load plan in MSFS. This is the location you need to Download to from SimBrief

and save as:

Ian

Many thanks again. I will be out of town for a few days. When I return I will follow your plan and see what happens. I’ll let you know.
Bill

No probs,

Once it is working, I suggest SimBrief Downloader for ongoing automatic export of flight plans.

Cheers
Ian

OK Ian, I am back with you. I may have discovered a possible source of the problem; When I select download from the Simbrief flight plan that was created it does not appear to actually download. Instead my only options are delete or open. Nothing about save. When I select open I am asked how I want to open it… none of which opens anything. I am never given the option to save.
What do you think?
Bill

When you create a SimBrief flight plan and press Generate Flight, you will be prompted you will get a green moving bar with “Generating Briefing Package”

If you scroll down below this you will find the FS2020 download option. Press that and you will be prompted to save the plan. I suggest you save it to the folder I mentioned above where MSFS saves plans.

Ian

Thanks for sticking with it Ian…
I have no issues getting to the “download” choice. No issue locating FS2020. However when I select it, I am asked how I want to open the file. There is no option to “save” it.
Bill

Bill,

I dont know why your system is doing this.
Please try using SimBrief Downloader.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian…tried that as well. Same problem.
Thanks for your time. Appreciate the help. I’ll keep banging away and see what I can come up with.
Bill

Hi Bill,

I don’t believe the SimBrief Downloader is capable of giving such a message. Could you please take a screenshot of both the message you are seeing in your browser, as well as a screenshot of the message you see in the SimBrief Downloader. It should help us figure out what might be happening.

Please see Posting Guide - Uploading Screenshots for instructions on how to post screenshots.

Best regards,

Hi Bill,

You might try to “reset your browser to factory settings” .

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian…
Appears I cannot get to it. Followed the directions you provided. The Snipping Tool app appears. It then asks what I want to do; Open, run as administrator, open file location, pin to start or pin to taskbar.
If I select “open”, I get the message “try snip and sketch”. That is the only choice. If I select that I get the message”you’ll need a new app to open this msscreensketch link”. My only option is to select “OK”. When I do nothing happens. Note when I search for it on my C drive it is there. Selecting it, is back to multiple choices. One of which is “open”. When I do, the result is the same as the above.
Separate, but likely related to this…when I follow the long path c:\users\bill. Etc…
I do find the flight plan on the c drive in the place it should be. However, when I try to open it, we go back to the original message and problem.
I agree with your comment…I don’t think this is a Simbrief issue. Has to do with Microsoft.
Do you think it might help to place the flight plan into the Flightsim community folder where all the aircraft and scenery reside?
Bill

Ian…
I may have found a way to save a flight plan file but only onto to the c drive. Assuming I can copy it…is there a location where I should try to copy?
Bill

Hi Bill,

Please see the location I gave above at Flight plan in msfs - #7 by wjctec

Cheers
Ian