Flight plan in msfs

Problem persists…no issue setting up the plan. When I select the download button the only option I am offered to to “open”. There is no option to “save”. After working thru the path I am able to locate the file on my C drive. However when I select it, it’s the same issue. I can only “open”. We might want to try “copy and paste”. However I do not know where I should paste it. The screen you show in the above email does not appear anywhere.
Bill

Bill,

Please create and save a plan say KSFO-KLAX in MSFS and look for where it places the KSFOKLAX.pln file.

This will likely be c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState (for Sim from Marketplace) or

%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator (for Sim from Steam:) .

Which version do you have?

This is where you would copy the pln file to.

Cheers
Ian

I use the FS2020 from Marketplace.
When I use the SimBrief Downloader, the path it uses is:
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState \packages

When I do this the flight plan loads correctly ‘most of the time’. However, in FS2020, the Departure Point resets to the runway in use and the aircraft loads in that position with engines running, unless I remember to reload the parking bay.
However, if I try and reset the departure point to a parking bay, it usually removes the route from the Garmin 530 I am using! Aircraft used is the Black Square Baron BE58 modded default aicraft.

Incidentally, if you get SimBrief to use the LIDO format which is available to select, you can use it for smaller aircraft with the fuel howgozit at the end of each sector line being shown in lbs or kilgrams. The Summary likewise is then in weight units of choice. Makes it incredibly useful for small aircraft flight planning.

If your small aircraft of choice is not available in SimBrief, edit an aircraft that is available and modify the performance to match your chosen steed. Just remember to which aircraft the name refers: for example the Piper Commanche is available in Simbrief, but I don’t have that a/c. My Piper Commanche in SimBrief is actually performance modded to reflect a Piper PA28R Arrow III.

Yes, When you change the departure point, MSFS recalculates the route in World Map. I imagine this affects the route in the Garmin 530.

See also Add ability to select gate - #5 by Ian

Cheers
Ian