Export and ATC

I made an Flightplan in Simbrief and imported that into Navigraph Ingame Panel. Then i used the Export to set it as Flightplan regarding ATC. First it worked but enroute the ATC gave me waypoints that where not part of the exported flightplan. I guess that is not supposed to happen?
Or could it be the case that the ATC in MSFS was at fault. Because mid flight the ATC voice dropped and only text was in the ATC window

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

This could absolutely be a case of the ATC just being rubbish. If you would like us to investigate this, please provide the route so that we can try to reproduce! Or even better - try to reproduce it yourself first to make sure that it was not a one-off :sweat_smile:

Kind Regards,
Malte

Yes I will investigate and try to replicate.
Also I noticed that with atc on clearance frequency and ingame panel open, then exporting the FP, the option to request IFR appears. But when I close the panel without requesting IFR, the option disappears. I don’t think that is supposed to happen. But maybe that is due to the fact, that the azure server’s today seem to have some problems. 2 times offline Mode, loss of ATC and other voices. Sometimes atc complete unresponsive

Yeah that also sounds unrelated, I don’t know of anything in the panel that would cause that!

Yesterday it worked. But the STAR i got was not the one i used in the ingame panel nor the one choosen in the FMC

It is very hard to tell what the issue could be, but from our point of view, we are exporting the necessary things for arrivals. It is probably MSFS ATC related. Feel free to collect some cases (routes) which we can try ourselves - at the moment we do not have enough information to do so!

I guess it was server related. But i noticed that the ingame atc not always uses the runway or approach I choose in the panel.

This is still valid - more detailed reports would be much appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Just now I’m enroute from phoenix to Miami
Flightplan from simbrief

KPHX/07L ECLPS1 PHASE DCT ELP DCT FST J86 LEV Y290 GAWKS FROGZ4 KMIA/26L

For takeoff ATC gave me runway 08

And the initial climb was 9.000ft but after that no instructions to climb were given. Cruiselvl is 350. Had to ask manually

Hmm, as far as I can see we are setting the runway correctly.

The altitude, however, is intentionally not set - it is not supported :sweat_smile: Looking at the flightplan specification, you only find altitude restrictions - which is not the same thing. Altitudes are meant to be calculated by the flight computer, or assigned by ATC. This includes step climbs, which can sometimes be included in the flightplan that SimBrief outputs.

It is a tricky situation that has been discussed before:

I’ll keep the incorrect runway in mind for when we do some refactoring of the ATC export. I am 95% sure that it is just the ATC ignoring the flightplan, but we can verify that this is the case when we rewrite this logic from scratch to support WT avionics!

Kind Regards,
Malte

That means, if the cruise altitude is not part of the ATC export, is there another way.

Not in ways that we are, or at least were able to access, no.

The recent SU14 did come with some welcome additions to the documentation/code though, like this which seems particularly promising in this case!

Setting the cruise altitude is different from setting the altitude for each leg. I will make sure to note this for the future rewrite, we’ll try to make use of this new addition!

1 Like

I also noticed that there is an option in the sim Settings regarding the Flight Plan. I guess it is Force Flightplan. In theorie it should override the sims Runway with the one from the Flightplan. Maybe that is only on regard to the worldmap. Because on my last flight with the exported flightplan from the Ingame panel, departure and arrival runway where different. Flight was from kphx to Kord.

I heard something about that, not sure what it does yet.
Seemed to be about ATC being able to give you different instructions based on weather regardless of the flightplan or something like that. Nothing we can control or know too much about unfortunately :man_shrugging: